proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-07-2018, 08:16 PM   #45
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
AA makes a fantastic product but the N20, N54, N55, B58 and S63 markets have proven that the brackets & flex joints are redundant. Almost every downpipe market for those cars eliminate both for ease of installation and there has never been a reported incident related to the removal of either
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 11:46 PM   #46
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAETD M View Post
Just ordered my Active Autowerkes.

Flex joint and the heavy duty OEM looking support mount, OEM BMW had them for a reason maybe it will be crucial 30-40k miles down the line.

Gives me peace of mind.
Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #47
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf4life View Post
These posts always turn into vendor advertisements lol
It's annoying, isn't it?
Appreciate 1
bm3nyc56.00
      11-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #48
M3anPower
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1990 View Post
You're making intercooler because it will make money or because you saw the limit of stock coolers and can make a better one with logs to prove the difference ?
We've put our shop M4 through the ringer both on the street and the track. From the data we've gathered, the stock cooling system can not keep intake temperatures in check on when running aggressive tunes. Upgraded turbo cars are even more greatly affected. We'll have pictures along with more info of both upgrades shortly

If we're still debating which downpipes, here's 20 independent, link-backed reviews from customers who have had nothing but great experiences with the VRSF downpipes:

I mean are you going to provide data or hide them and keep promising like CSF?
Appreciate 1
bm3nyc56.00
      11-21-2018, 10:30 AM   #49
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne_Reign View Post
If you guys want to break the internet, you would put a cyber monday deal on these

cant wait to get mine
They are on Sale actually but, we only have one left in stock at the moment. We have a few at Swain Tech being made but its not a quick process.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2018, 11:01 PM   #50
Champagne_Reign
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Champagne Quartz F80 M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
They are on Sale actually but, we only have one left in stock at the moment. We have a few at Swain Tech being made but its not a quick process.

shows regular price on your website. what are the sale price's on the coated downpipes?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #51
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne_Reign View Post
shows regular price on your website. what are the sale price's on the coated downpipes?
Maybe you should try our website

Appreciate 1
      09-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #52
gprzybylski
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
Flex joint is just a preventative measure to reduce vibration and pressure on the exhaust so it doesn't break over time.

Nothing crazy, not "that" important. Akrapovic, FI, Gintani, Eisenmann, and Active are the only ones who utilize it. OEM downpipes have flex joints
Please keep in mind that VRSF and Akra are also the only two brands who offer an investment cast, stainless steel v-band flange to pipe transition which is incredibly expensive to design and develop. The fitment and flow advantages of the VRSF's cast flanges are significantly more important than a "flex section" due to the increased flow from the v-band to pipe transition & improved fitment from a more consistent casting. Our CFD backed cast collectors offer incredible precision which helps guarantee a perfect hassle free install. All of the vendors listed above (except Akrapovic) use a less convention flange that's welded to the pipe which creates a flow impediment. This standard method is less costly, easier to produce and requires less resources. A cast setup like the VRSF & Akra requires significantly more time and money but we believe strongly in this platform and I'm confident our product can stand up to the most expensive offering when it comes to fitment, performance and reliability.

Please note that the flex section referenced is actually called an "expansion bellow" in the engineering world. They aren't there to reduce stress on the exhaust components. That's what the many rubber hangers under the car that support the exhaust do. Expansion bellows are incorporated in order to aid with long term gasket seal due to repetitive heat cycles and due to the fact that the OEM cat is a major restriction and gets incredibly hot. When you eliminate that restriction with a catless setup, the expansion bellows are dead weight. If there are any concerns about sound or vibration with our pipes please note that we have thousands of VRSF downpipes in the wild without expansion bellow/flex sections and have yet to hear a single complaint in regards to "vibration" from any of our customers.

Not to harp but the OEM expansion bellows have been proven to be an over-engineered OEM inclusion and have no negative affects on performance when replaced with a catless setup. Sound or drive ability are not affected without an expansion bellow in place. We've sold literally thousands of downpipes without the expansion bellows/flex sections on the N54/N55/S55/N63 platform and any vendor who's ever distributed VRSF products can back us when we say that we've never experience a complaint in regards to vibration from a lack of expansion bellow/flex section.

We're known for constantly improve our lineup as the market evolves and I can confidently say that the extra weight, material and time required for a bellow isn't worth it. There are more cons than pros in the sense that they also introduce two additional failure points and the fact that they add extra weight and cost. For anyone concerned, we offer a lifetime guarantee on all of our products and we have over 30+ unbiased reviews on our website (most have links to back authenticity) of these downpipes alone

http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-3-cast-...bmw-m3-m4.html
So the clamps and gaskets are not included with the downpipes? So that's another $100 on top of the cost of the pipes ??
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2020, 11:57 PM   #53
mark5092
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C, 18 M3 ZCP, 20 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valid_F80 View Post
I would Go CTS over anything else.... I've switch 2x already.
I agree! Have VRSF on our M3, CTS Turbo on our M4. While both are very good, especially for fit, finish and price, like the CTS most.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 11:19 AM   #54
Siljo3
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i F30 2013 M paket aut

Quote:
Please keep in mind that VRSF and Akra are also the only two brands who offer an investment cast, stainless steel v-band flange to pipe transition which is incredibly expensive to design and develop. The fitment and flow advantages of the VRSF's cast flanges are significantly more important than a "flex section" due to the increased flow from the v-band to pipe transition & improved fitment from a more consistent casting. Our CFD backed cast collectors offer incredible precision which helps guarantee a perfect hassle free install. All of the vendors listed above (except Akrapovic) use a less convention flange that's welded to the pipe which creates a flow impediment. This standard method is less costly, easier to produce and requires less resources. A cast setup like the VRSF & Akra requires significantly more time and money but we believe strongly in this platform and I'm confident our product can stand up to the most expensive offering when it comes to fitment, performance and reliability.

Please note that the flex section referenced is actually called an "expansion bellow" in the engineering world. They aren't there to reduce stress on the exhaust components. That's what the many rubber hangers under the car that support the exhaust do. Expansion bellows are incorporated in order to aid with long term gasket seal due to repetitive heat cycles and due to the fact that the OEM cat is a major restriction and gets incredibly hot. When you eliminate that restriction with a catless setup, the expansion bellows are dead weight. If there are any concerns about sound or vibration with our pipes please note that we have thousands of VRSF downpipes in the wild without expansion bellow/flex sections and have yet to hear a single complaint in regards to "vibration" from any of our customers.

Not to harp but the OEM expansion bellows have been proven to be an over-engineered OEM inclusion and have no negative affects on performance when replaced with a catless setup. Sound or drive ability are not affected without an expansion bellow in place. We've sold literally thousands of downpipes without the expansion bellows/flex sections on the N54/N55/S55/N63 platform and any vendor who's ever distributed VRSF products can back us when we say that we've never experience a complaint in regards to vibration from a lack of expansion bellow/flex section.

We're known for constantly improve our lineup as the market evolves and I can confidently say that the extra weight, material and time required for a bellow isn't worth it. There are more cons than pros in the sense that they also introduce two additional failure points and the fact that they add extra weight and cost. For anyone concerned, we offer a lifetime guarantee on all of our products and we have over 30+ unbiased reviews on our website (most have links to back authenticity) of these downpipes alone

Hello.

I am thinking to buy VRSF downpipe and AA Equal length midpipe. Now i have Akrapovic slip on and Akrapovic midpipe, but i want to change it.

Do you think VRSF downpipe will also be perfect fit on AA equal length midpipe. Did someone already try that setup?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 10:15 PM   #55
E92TiAg335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 Azurite/Opal DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siljo3 View Post
Quote:

Hello.

I am thinking to buy VRSF downpipe and AA Equal length midpipe. Now i have Akrapovic slip on and Akrapovic midpipe, but i want to change it.

Do you think VRSF downpipe will also be perfect fit on AA equal length midpipe. Did someone already try that setup?

Thank you
Yes. It will be a perfect fit.
      04-29-2022, 01:19 AM   #56
Ajeje
Enlisted Member
San Marino
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

hi,
soon i will mount an akra downpipe and dont want to map.

any advice to prevent engine lamp on?
im thinking to buy I am thinking of fitting two spacers to the lambda probes to avoid problems.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 09:19 PM   #57
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajeje View Post
hi,
soon i will mount an akra downpipe and dont want to map.

any advice to prevent engine lamp on?
im thinking to buy I am thinking of fitting two spacers to the lambda probes to avoid problems.
Try Some spacers with Micro cats built in.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 06:59 PM   #58
joshe92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Best for what?

VRSF is our most popular with spot on fitment, lifetime warranty and unbeatable price

AR catless with resonators probably sounds the best

Active Autowerke with swain coating is probably best in terms of heat transfer
What's your opinion on AR catless, with Active auto Equal Length midpipe with Resonators?

Would you be ok or screwed with drone, rasp, etc?

Retired: E92 335i MSport Sapphire black: // aFe intake // Remus quad // AR Downpipe, Secondary cat delete // MHD // BMW PPK // Alpina B3 Flash // Vrsf 5" Stepped IC & CP
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 08:56 AM   #59
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshe92 View Post
What's your opinion on AR catless, with Active auto Equal Length midpipe with Resonators?

AR does not offer catless downpipes anymore.

Catless + equal length is too raspy for my taste. I used high flow catted with equal length on my car. I think it sounds better.

But it's subjective, a lot of my customers like this setup.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 09:14 AM   #60
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshe92 View Post

If you have resonators you should be ok with very minimal rasp.

You could go with our 200 cell catted downpipes and produce an even quieter sound with less rasp.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 11-17-2022 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 03:25 PM   #61
Jim45678
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 f80

Do you have a sound clip of catted DP?
Any dyno available for 30HP power increase?
Appreciate 0