European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

10-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
ChickenNuggitz
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82

Shop recommendations in Baltimore?

Starting a build on a f82 and new-ish to the Baltimore area. Does anyone have any good recommendations on a reputable shop around the area?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #2
f80er
Banned
Rep
Drives: An M3

Induktion Motorsports.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Induktion Motorsports.
Yep, and ask Ed to assign Frank as your tech.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
f80er
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
Quote:
Induktion Motorsports.
Yep, and ask Ed to assign Frank as your tech.
Yes to that. Don't know the big dudes name but he stripped my strut brace bolts when they installed my suspension.

Frank does great work, the big guy not so much.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Quote:
Yes to that. Don't know the big dudes name but he stripped my strut brace bolts when they installed my suspension.

Frank does great work, the big guy not so much.
I haven't been in awhile...I know the other tech was Aaron(?), but he wasn't a big dude.

Sucks about your bolts. Did Ed make it right? To be honest, the only other shop I take my car to is RRT. It's far (Sterling, VA) and more expensive, but they run a good shop.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
I haven't been in awhile...I know the other tech was Aaron(?), but he wasn't a big dude.

Sucks about your bolts. Did Ed make it right? To be honest, the only other shop I take my car to is RRT. It's far (Sterling, VA) and more expensive, but they run a good shop.
Aaron is no longer with Induktion. +1 for Frank

Dress warm. Shop usually only has a small radiator heater going in the waiting area lol
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 07:40 PM   #7
f80er
Banned
Rep

No they didn't make it right yet but I Ed said he would take care of me. Haven't been back since then.

Ditto what Eric said that shop is a fucking freezer.
Appreciate 1
EALm43346.50
      10-24-2018, 08:42 AM   #8
///M4Convert
Blessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i8 Roadster

Quote:
No they didn't make it right yet but I Ed said he would take care of me. Haven't been back since then.

Ditto what Eric said that shop is a fucking freezer.
I used Induktion Motorsports. They Lowered the car, installed charge pipes and aligned it. When I looked at the alignment print out when I left I knew the car would pull to the right. I asked Ed about it. He just told me "his guy didn't say anything" sure enough the car pulled. I had a engine light come on a couple days later. The car is under warranty so I took it to BMW of Catonsville. The reason for the engine being on, when they installed the charge pipes they didn't install the rubber o-ring on the lower section of the charge pipe. I had them re-align the car. I spoke to the tech, he said it was clear that they just moved the alignment head to make sure the print out was all in the green. Long story short. I paid Ed $299 to install charge pipes, which is a joke in itself. Then paid BMW $199 to re install them. One of my Rims has been dropped on its face, maybe that wasn't them? Only god knows. I left a google review even tried to call them. No response back. I'm frustrated that they couldn't at least say "sorry"
      10-25-2018, 10:04 PM   #9
f80er
Banned
Rep

Call Ed and tell him. See what he says. Funny too because their screwup was fixed by my dealer too.

And in all honesty I recommend Induktion because I have been going there for a long time and there just isn't many shops this side of DC. I had a problem with them, you did and I have read other stories so maybe they just aren't what they used to be?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2018, 09:13 PM   #10
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

I'd also take a look at Pure Automotive in Millersville. Never been there but have spoken with the owner a few times. Shop is legit...They cater to more of the JDM crowd but work on all cars. Their rate for spring install is VERY competitive.
Appreciate 0