Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

09-11-2021, 02:24 PM   #23
Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 comp 6MT, 993 C2S

So if I don’t get this done prior to to next weekends track event at Buttonwillow,
I’m gonna thrash my new tires on the new 18” round corners?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 02:57 PM   #24
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Throttle View Post
So if I don’t get this done prior to to next weekends track event at Buttonwillow,
I’m gonna thrash my new tires on the new 18” round corners?
The tire will be fine without camber plates. Nice to have, but not essential. Just pay attention to your tire pressures so your not over or under inflated hot.

See if you can get a track pad (PFC, Ferodo, Etc) and high temp fluid before your event. IMO, that takes priority over the camber plates.

last word of wisdom... disable phone Bluetooth before each session. My wife also seems to call at the wrong times. And collision avoidance system.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 04:06 PM   #25
Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_SheerDrivingPleasure View Post
The tire will be fine without camber plates. Nice to have, but not essential. Just pay attention to your tire pressures so your not over or under inflated hot.

See if you can get a track pad (PFC, Ferodo, Etc) and high temp fluid before your event. IMO, that takes priority over the camber plates.

last word of wisdom... disable phone Bluetooth before each session. My wife also seems to call at the wrong times. And collision avoidance system.
Would you mind sharing a link to the right track pad.
Also a link to the right high temp fluid.

I'll order them immediately. Just don't know what to order. I have a 2018 M4 Comp.

Thanks in advance

Also, thanks for the recommendation on the NT01. How many heat cycles do you usually get on those?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 07:54 AM   #26
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Would you mind sharing a link to the right track pad.
Also a link to the right high temp fluid.

I'll order them immediately. Just don't know what to order. I have a 2018 M4 Comp.

Thanks in advance

Also, thanks for the recommendation on the NT01. How many heat cycles do you usually get on those?
happy to help. I was in your boat last year.

people here will have strong options on pads. I like Ferodo DS1.11. Don't overthink the very intimidating bedding instructions. here is a link to the product from the vendor I use.

front
https://www.bestbrakes.com/fcp4611w-...rake-pads.html

rear
https://www.bestbrakes.com/fcp4663w-...rake-pads.html

great fluid...
Castrol SRF Synthetic Racing Brake Fluid. order 1 liter to flush the full system. maybe an extra .5l to be safe. Amazon sells it.

NT01 don't really heat cycle. In fact, some say they get faster as your wear down the tread to slicks. The hard core track rats drive them until the shoulders cord. With -2.7 camber I get about 7 track days and 2-3k street miles which results in the inside shoulders wearing prematurely.

enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #27
Monkey Throttle
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

people here will have strong options on pads. I like Ferodo DS1.11. Don't overthink the very intimidating bedding instructions. here is a link to the product from the vendor I use.

front

rear

great fluid...
Castrol SRF Synthetic Racing Brake Fluid. order 1 liter to flush the full system. maybe an extra .5l to be safe. Amazon sells it.

NT01 don't really heat cycle. In fact, some say they get faster as your wear down the tread to slicks. The hard core track rats drive them until the shoulders cord. With -2.7 camber I get about 7 track days and 2-3k street miles which results in the inside shoulders wearing prematurely.

enjoy.
Thank you so much. Really appreciate this.

Not worried about seating the pads. I remember when I first started tracking, I had a B5 Audi S4 (circa 2000) and installed StopTech brakes. The bed cycle was pretty crazy. There was enough smoke and chemicals coming off the fronts it made you wanna throw up. hard stop 10x 35mph to 10. Hard stop 10x 45mph to 10. Hard stop 10x 55mph to 10.

On those pads you recommend, do you swap them out after the track days or do you keep them in and use them for street as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 05:24 PM   #28
fanatic1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 CS

Garage List
2019 M4CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

front

rear

great fluid...

enjoy.

Not worried about seating the pads. I remember when I first started tracking, I had a B5 Audi S4 (circa 2000) and installed StopTech brakes. The bed cycle was pretty crazy. There was enough smoke and chemicals coming off the fronts it made you wanna throw up. hard stop 10x 35mph to 10. Hard stop 10x 45mph to 10. Hard stop 10x 55mph to 10.

On those pads you recommend, do you swap them out after the track days or do you keep them in and use them for street as well?
OP, I have two sets of BW 10.5x18 ET36 square wheels with tires, PM if interested. I'm going to post them up in a week or two in the classified section.

I frequent Buttonwillow, would prefer an in person transaction.

Looking forward to seeing you out there either way
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 08:08 PM   #29
D_SheerDrivingPleasure
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

front

rear

great fluid...

enjoy.

I keep mine pads in during tracks season. They squeal like a pig so you might get funny looks.
Appreciate 0