E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > software update question

01-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #1
gmoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Coupe

software update question

I have a question for all the great members of this forums: how do I know when my car needs a software update, and how do I obtain it? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #2
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

You really don't ever "need" a software update. Software updates are merely for fixing bugs and introducing new bugs, I mean new features along with new bugs.

If you find a bug you can report it to the dealer and they will research to see if their is a fix for it. If so and your car is under warranty they will update the software free of charge otherwise if outside of warranty you pay for it.

If you find our about a new feature or just want the latest software you can not just ask the dealer for a free update. If that is the case they will charge you for the update regardless if you are under warranty or not. Updates are only covered if you report a bug or an update is needed due to other issues you are having with the car.