E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > ABS + Tire Pressure Warning

01-20-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Jogger
Rep
Drives: e90 325xi BR

Question ABS + Tire Pressure Warning

I drive a 325xi (built 26-Sept-05) and was coming to a stop when the ABS and low tire pressure warnings came on along with a number of display warnings. Here's a picture of what I see when I turn the car on (The Low Pressure warning comes on first and then the ABS warning replaces it).

I've checked the tire pressures and all seem fine and also re-initilaized the tire pressure setting but the warnings are still there.

This is the second time this has happened but the first time, they were gone the next morning when I started up it up and the dealer was not able to find any thing suspicious in the diagnostics. This time the warnings are still there the day after so I'm going to try and get the dealer to look at it tomorrow.

I've found another posting about a problem similar to this but the resolution was never posted so I was hoping that someone might have some info I can pass on to the service manager to speed things up.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #2
Jogger
Rep
Drives: e90 325xi BR

Chewed wires

It looks like my problem was the result of a rodent chewing on a wire or wires in a rear wheel well. They're still working on it to see if there might be other chewed wires or shorted control components but the bill's at $360 and climbing so it won't be cheap. Looks like it's time to put more mouse traps around my garage.
Appreciate 0