E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Driver side window leaking!!

01-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

Driver side window leaking!!

So i took my car for a wash today, (for the first time since i got it). I went to a local gas station automatic carwash. every was going well, untill when i was about in the middle of the wash when i say a few drops of water coming in from the driver's side window. Has any one else has this problem?

P.S., I know i should've washed my car and shouldn't trust the automatic washes since they might scratch it, but it was like -7 degrees C (about 19 degrees F) today here in Toronto so i couldn't wash it my self.
      01-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
So i took my car for a wash today, (for the first time since i got it). I went to a local gas station automatic carwash. every was going well, untill when i was about in the middle of the wash when i say a few drops of water coming in from the driver's side window. Has any one else has this problem?

P.S., I know i should've washed my car and shouldn't trust the automatic washes since they might scratch it, but it was like -7 degrees C (about 19 degrees F) today here in Toronto so i couldn't wash it my self.
Was your driver's side window rolled up all the way?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

yeah it was, i checked it like 3 times
      01-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
theDude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post

I've noticed this on the passenger side of my car when I wash it. I think when the window gets sprayed directly, especially with a high pressure wash (like a car wash) it's susceptible to leaking a tiny bit.

I've never had it happen during rain storms, but I'm a bit more careful now when washing.
Appreciate 0