THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Tracking / Autocrossing First Track Day -- Should I?

08-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #1
jhbjrpdx
Private
Rep
Drives: 228i Sportline

First Track Day -- Should I?

I did several track days with my lightly modified Cooper S. Loved it. Now with the Sportline 228i, I'd like to try to get the confidence I had with the Mini by doing a beginning HPDE. Brakes are stock. Tires are stock run flats. If it is just about learning the car (rear wheel drive) is there an issue taking it out stock? Thx.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:59 PM   #2
SteveInfante
NewFinishColumbia/detailer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 xDrive

I took mine to the Hockenheimring stock without issue. Brakes even held up fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 08:42 PM   #3
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbjrpdx View Post
I did several track days with my lightly modified Cooper S. Loved it. Now with the Sportline 228i, I'd like to try to get the confidence I had with the Mini by doing a beginning HPDE. Brakes are stock. Tires are stock run flats. If it is just about learning the car (rear wheel drive) is there an issue taking it out stock? Thx.
Just make sure you are not underinflated or you will be rolling over and killing the shoulders on your tires... specially with the little camber stock car has....eventually you might want to get the M4 LCA

you should probably start 38-40 cold 44-46 hot...

Do 1 session and check the rollover arrow on your tire to make sure you are not rolling over... you can then start lowering the psi till you find what's the best setting checking wear is still above the arrow
Appreciate 0