BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Sponsor M3/M4 Project Cars Showcase

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2016, 08:08 AM   #177
BMW M4 PWR
Major
BMW M4 PWR's Avatar
455
Rep
1,043
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MD/DC metro area

iTrader: (0)

Any updates yet guys!?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #178
BMW M4 PWR
Major
BMW M4 PWR's Avatar
455
Rep
1,043
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MD/DC metro area

iTrader: (0)

Updates?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2016, 08:10 AM   #179
BMW M4 PWR
Major
BMW M4 PWR's Avatar
455
Rep
1,043
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MD/DC metro area

iTrader: (0)

Guys... how's progress on this mammoth build going?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 06:04 PM   #180
BMW M4 PWR
Major
BMW M4 PWR's Avatar
455
Rep
1,043
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MD/DC metro area

iTrader: (0)

Whatever happened to this project car!? lol
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 11:04 PM   #181
Properstyle
Major
379
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

safe to say they likely blew the car up at this point.
__________________
2015 F80 DCT Bootmod3 tuned Sapphire Black-DD- Sold
2009 E90m3 Ess 625kit, Test pipes, TTFS tuned- Sold
2011 E90m2 Ess 625kit, active auto x pipe, BPM, DD
2010 C63 Renntech tuned artic white-The wifes DD
1993 300zx 2jz Swapped slicktop- The toy/track car
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #182
TPG Tuning
Lieutenant
TPG Tuning's Avatar
414
Rep
470
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 / F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Blairsville PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
safe to say they likely blew the car up at this point.
Stunningly brilliant. Next time try and color inside the lines ,keep trying though you'll get better.

Reality is this car is still sitting in the same spot its been for the last few months. Our other shop work has picked up well beyond anything we expected and we simply do not have the man power to dedicate to any of our cars currently. Our focus has been on our customer builds and track support. We have been looking at new possible shop locations and hiring new employees, all in due time.

Being that it's simply a "project car" it will get worked on when we have time, it is in no way a priority for us. There is not much of a market for this platform. There certainly isn't a market for a kit like this. We never built this turbo kit with the intention of selling it, therefore there is no hurry to finish it. Also the motor had been put on the back burner as we put other customers motors ahead of ours multiple times. The car will eventually be finished up when we have time to get back to it. Unfortunately we are booked close to a month out at all times so I don't anticipate getting to it anytime soon.

However when we do, I will be sure to update the thread.
Appreciate 2
      06-20-2016, 10:46 AM   #183
Properstyle
Major
379
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPG Tuning View Post
Stunningly brilliant. Next time try and color inside the lines ,keep trying though you'll get better.

Reality is this car is still sitting in the same spot its been for the last few months. Our other shop work has picked up well beyond anything we expected and we simply do not have the man power to dedicate to any of our cars currently. Our focus has been on our customer builds and track support. We have been looking at new possible shop locations and hiring new employees, all in due time.

Being that it's simply a "project car" it will get worked on when we have time, it is in no way a priority for us. There is not much of a market for this platform. There certainly isn't a market for a kit like this. We never built this turbo kit with the intention of selling it, therefore there is no hurry to finish it. Also the motor had been put on the back burner as we put other customers motors ahead of ours multiple times. The car will eventually be finished up when we have time to get back to it. Unfortunately we are booked close to a month out at all times so I don't anticipate getting to it anytime soon.

However when we do, I will be sure to update the thread.
Oh look an update lol. you are not so busy you can't keep the thread up to date with the guy who keeps asking for now a month now. Nice to see that simply saying the car is blown up gets a response from you but asking for updates doesn't lol....FAIL....
__________________
2015 F80 DCT Bootmod3 tuned Sapphire Black-DD- Sold
2009 E90m3 Ess 625kit, Test pipes, TTFS tuned- Sold
2011 E90m2 Ess 625kit, active auto x pipe, BPM, DD
2010 C63 Renntech tuned artic white-The wifes DD
1993 300zx 2jz Swapped slicktop- The toy/track car
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #184
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
1407
Rep
3,261
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPG Tuning View Post
Stunningly brilliant. Next time try and color inside the lines ,keep trying though you'll get better.

Reality is this car is still sitting in the same spot its been for the last few months. Our other shop work has picked up well beyond anything we expected and we simply do not have the man power to dedicate to any of our cars currently. Our focus has been on our customer builds and track support. We have been looking at new possible shop locations and hiring new employees, all in due time.

Being that it's simply a "project car" it will get worked on when we have time, it is in no way a priority for us. There is not much of a market for this platform. There certainly isn't a market for a kit like this. We never built this turbo kit with the intention of selling it, therefore there is no hurry to finish it. Also the motor had been put on the back burner as we put other customers motors ahead of ours multiple times. The car will eventually be finished up when we have time to get back to it. Unfortunately we are booked close to a month out at all times so I don't anticipate getting to it anytime soon.

However when we do, I will be sure to update the thread.
Congrats to you guys on your success It's great to hear about shops putting customer work first. Too many nightmare stories of shop owners plowing customer money in to their own projects. Looking froward to updates whenever they come.
__________________
His: 2013 ///M3 - Interlagos Blue Black M-DCT
Hers: 2013 X3 28i - N20 Mineral Silver / Sand Beige / Premium, Tech
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 03:11 PM   #185
babyboss
Lieutenant
babyboss's Avatar
South Africa
60
Rep
538
Posts

Drives: 640d Msport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: centurion

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 640d  [0.00]
Wicked build ..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #186
M4RAUDR
First Lieutenant
M4RAUDR's Avatar
United_States
232
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: 16 AY M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
Oh look an update lol. you are not so busy you can't keep the thread up to date with the guy who keeps asking for now a month now. Nice to see that simply saying the car is blown up gets a response from you but asking for updates doesn't lol....FAIL....
FAIL? Why be such a DICK?







.
__________________
2016 AY M4 : SB Full Leather : HRE P104 20" x 9.5" Front / 11.5" Rear : Pirelli PZero Nero GT 255/30/20 Front / 305/25/20 Rear : CCBs : KW v3's : Active Autowerke Full Exhaust & DPs : ESS Silicon Charge Pipes : VF HEX Stage 2 : VF TCU : Status Gruppe Rear Diffuser : M-Perf Side Blades : M-Perf Front Lip : Reus Audio System : Painted Side Reflectors : Black Grill Surrounds : Black Side Markers
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #187
BMW M4 PWR
Major
BMW M4 PWR's Avatar
455
Rep
1,043
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MD/DC metro area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
Oh look an update lol. you are not so busy you can't keep the thread up to date with the guy who keeps asking for now a month now. Nice to see that simply saying the car is blown up gets a response from you but asking for updates doesn't lol....FAIL....
He may of went a little too hard here but he has a point* It'da been nice to respond to one of my four update requests, I felt like a second class citizen lol, whereas he makes a statement threatening their business cred and wala... response immediately.. sigh...😏
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 05:07 PM   #188
AYF80
Major
66
Rep
1,119
Posts

Drives: 2015 AY F80
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

I mean, there is a market for a kit. Hopefully someone starts an actual Single Turbo Kit build or a Twin turbo upgrade larger than the Pure Stage 2.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #189
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
1407
Rep
3,261
Posts

Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vero Beach, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYF80 View Post
I mean, there is a market for a kit. Hopefully someone starts an actual Single Turbo Kit build or a Twin turbo upgrade larger than the Pure Stage 2.
Yeah, I think the operative term was "There certainly isn't a market for a kit like this." I'd agree there's a market for single-turbo kits at a larger diameter than Pure Stage 2, but the build TPG are doing here would cost an absolute mint for a customer. I kind of agree with TPG on that side of things.
__________________
His: 2013 ///M3 - Interlagos Blue Black M-DCT
Hers: 2013 X3 28i - N20 Mineral Silver / Sand Beige / Premium, Tech
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 09:21 AM   #190
JasonTPG
Private
95
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

We haven't been on the forum much lately , hence the lack of updating.

In terms of a market for this bradleyland is correct. There would eventually be a market for a single turbo kit, however the time is not now, nor is this kit a marketable option. The greater majority of people with these cars lease them or purchase them and get rid of them in a year or so. No one will want to spend $10,000+ on a car they are not keeping. The investment cost to produce a kit like this would be absolutely outrageous and the return just isn't there. BMW market is always years behind it's time, if a single turbo kit were to become marketable it would be many years down the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #191
apexit
Captain
United_States
206
Rep
965
Posts

Drives: 15 SO M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: northern nj

iTrader: (-1)

Once the first kit is built isn't it as simple as building a welding jig to streamline future kits?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2016, 12:24 PM   #192
Yessir
First Lieutenant
208
Rep
373
Posts

Drives: car
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: california

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit View Post
Once the first kit is built isn't it as simple as building a welding jig to streamline future kits?
Your assumption is correct, however, the point they are trying to make is even if they produced a kit they could sell today, there is not much demand for it at this point in time. TPG recognizes buyer trends amongst BMW's and will wait until the f8x platform has matured a bit, where the price of the vehicle will come down and be feasible to do a major turbo upgrade to the vehicle. Not many folks are willing to pump a ton of money into a brand new vehicle and void warranty. Some are, but this is a very segment.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 12:27 PM   #193
Properstyle
Major
379
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTPG View Post
We haven't been on the forum much lately , hence the lack of updating.

In terms of a market for this bradleyland is correct. There would eventually be a market for a single turbo kit, however the time is not now, nor is this kit a marketable option. The greater majority of people with these cars lease them or purchase them and get rid of them in a year or so. No one will want to spend $10,000+ on a car they are not keeping. The investment cost to produce a kit like this would be absolutely outrageous and the return just isn't there. BMW market is always years behind it's time, if a single turbo kit were to become marketable it would be many years down the road.
If people weren't already buying pure turbo up grades, doing clutches and etc with these cars then this statement would be true. more people are leasing m5 then m3s and the m5 has had a few twin turbo upgrade options.
__________________
2015 F80 DCT Bootmod3 tuned Sapphire Black-DD- Sold
2009 E90m3 Ess 625kit, Test pipes, TTFS tuned- Sold
2011 E90m2 Ess 625kit, active auto x pipe, BPM, DD
2010 C63 Renntech tuned artic white-The wifes DD
1993 300zx 2jz Swapped slicktop- The toy/track car
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #194
apexit
Captain
United_States
206
Rep
965
Posts

Drives: 15 SO M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: northern nj

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
Your assumption is correct, however, the point they are trying to make is even if they produced a kit they could sell today, there is not much demand for it at this point in time. TPG recognizes buyer trends amongst BMW's and will wait until the f8x platform has matured a bit, where the price of the vehicle will come down and be feasible to do a major turbo upgrade to the vehicle. Not many folks are willing to pump a ton of money into a brand new vehicle and void warranty. Some are, but this is a very segment.
But the hard part is done? Once the jigs are built they build it to order, in time they can keep inventory of it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #195
BMW M4 PWR
Major
BMW M4 PWR's Avatar
455
Rep
1,043
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow 6-spd manual M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: MD/DC metro area

iTrader: (0)

A single turbo option is quite easy on S55's being N54's with kits like the Movit900 been blazing the way for'em for years now. You have a handful of 800+RWHP STOCK LONG BLOCK N54's out there on these single turbo kits already. Someone needs to just step up and rig it up to the S55... this isn't rocket science at this point. The fine tuning of auxiliary fueling and the timing and knock maps thru direct ECU control (bootmod3 flashing tool most likely!?) is all we're waiting for now. The hardware part of going single is stupid easy/straight forward...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #196
Properstyle
Major
379
Rep
1,239
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

So it looks like after all that banter the car is now on pure turbos. smh
__________________
2015 F80 DCT Bootmod3 tuned Sapphire Black-DD- Sold
2009 E90m3 Ess 625kit, Test pipes, TTFS tuned- Sold
2011 E90m2 Ess 625kit, active auto x pipe, BPM, DD
2010 C63 Renntech tuned artic white-The wifes DD
1993 300zx 2jz Swapped slicktop- The toy/track car
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #197
JasonTPG
Private
95
Rep
96
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Pittsburgh

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
So it looks like after all that banter the car is now on pure turbos. smh
You must not have read to deep into it.

There is no current software available to run the single turbo kit. We have been attempting to work with companies to provide a solution however it is not a priority for them nor us at the time. Also we have been working closely with Pure and have decided to support them while they support us and chase a 9 second pass before eventually switching to a single down the road.
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2016, 12:51 PM   #198
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
CaryTheLabelGuy's Avatar
United_States
2504
Rep
2,851
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTPG View Post
You must not have read to deep into it.

There is no current software available to run the single turbo kit. We have been attempting to work with companies to provide a solution however it is not a priority for them nor us at the time. Also we have been working closely with Pure and have decided to support them while they support us and chase a 9 second pass before eventually switching to a single down the road.
I knew this was going to be an issue.

I was hoping maybe you guys had a trick or two up your sleeves (standalone), but until a standalone ECU/DME is available that can run the S55 the way it was intended to be run, you can't really advance much further.

Unless you can find a way to run the DME in Speed/Density mode for more than 30 seconds (or so)? There will be other issues that will also need to be taken care of from within the DME, but getting it to run in SD mode will be a huge step in the right direction.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST