BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Dealer says no european delivery for M2 due to limited production? BS?

06-02-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
Bmwhocr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3 | NB Miata

Dealer says no european delivery for M2 due to limited production? BS?

My CA says they wont offer ED on the M2 "due to limited production". I thought ED cars do not come out of their allocation? Is it just BS? Would love to take ED if possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 11:18 AM   #2
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

ED cars DO come out of their allocations. It's just where you, the customer, picks it up that changes.

I have not heard anything with regards to no ED, and several Canadian forums members were able to get theirs (see the 'M2 ED' tread in the Photos subforum).

My personal opinion is that it is BS, and they either:

a) simply don't want to sell the car under the discounted ED price;

b) want to sell the car locally at mark-up (which you can't get away with on ED).

PS: we should add option c) they don't have an allocation and therefore cannot commit to giving you a car, ED or otherwise.
Appreciate 3
      06-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
Bmwhocr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 AW M3 | NB Miata

Yea, right after I posted I saw the M2 ED thread. Could be a combo of all reasons depending on the dealership. Thanks and best of luck to you. I saw you were still waiting on your allocation. Maybe tomorrow we will get a better idea?

Btw - 2017 M3's should be pretty easy to order and should arrive in Sept or earlier! Im starting call around..about $1000 off msrp is pretty normal in the bay area right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
ED cars DO come out of their allocations. It's just where you, the customer, picks it up that changes.

I have not heard anything with regards to no ED, and several Canadian forums members were able to get theirs (see the 'M2 ED' tread in the Photos subforum).

My personal opinion is that it is BS, and they either:

a) simply don't want to sell the car under the discounted ED price;

b) want to sell the car locally at mark-up (which you can't get away with on ED).

PS: we should add option c) they don't have an allocation and therefore cannot commit to giving you a car, ED or otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #4
firestarter2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: NA

My dealer said they would do it but they have no allocation as of yet.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

ED does come out of the allocation. They likely don't want to do the extra work involved.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
ED does come out of the allocation. They likely don't want to do the extra work involved.
Extra dealer work? Not really.
The dealer does not want to give you the 5% discount that goes along with ED. And it's entirely a dealer option (not BMWNA) whether to give it to you or not. Simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 04:15 AM   #7
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

I think the only legitimate point on ED for the M2 is that with tight allocations it is tough to promise a customer anything and ED becomes more of a challenge when you are unsure when you will get allocation. There are a few who have done ED for their M2's some were on a BMW Canada sponsored group delivery trip and at least one independent guy (through my dealer actually) has done it. If you have a lot of flexibility for travel you can probably get it done but of course allocation is the real issue so until you have a production number the whole thing is academic.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 05:36 AM   #8
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
The dealer does not want to give you the 5% discount that goes along with ED. And it's entirely a dealer option (not BMWNA) whether to give it to you or not. Simple as that.
I thought the dealer gets that difference back from BMW AG?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #9
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
I thought the dealer gets that difference back from BMW AG?
He does.
But, why would the dealer sell you a car at MSRP less 5% ED plus 5% BMWAG kickback? I'm sure you can see that's, essentially, selling the car at MSRP. Why would he do that ED deal if he thinks he can sell the same car at MSRP+ and make more money? Answer- he wont do that.
Of course the dealer is not likely to tell the customer about the money angle. Instead, he'll go into his, what I call, "allocation samba" routine. Or something equivalent.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2016, 01:22 PM   #10
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
He does.
But, why would the dealer sell you a car at MSRP less 5% ED plus 5% BMWAG kickback? I'm sure you can see that's, essentially, selling the car at MSRP. Why would he do that ED deal if he thinks he can sell the same car at MSRP+ and make more money? Answer- he wont do that.
Of course the dealer is not likely to tell the customer about the money angle. Instead, he'll go into his, what I call, "allocation samba" routine. Or something equivalent.
I've heard of some dealers willing to do ED but at US MSRP pricing as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 01:58 PM   #11
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
I've heard of some dealers willing to do ED but at US MSRP pricing as well.
Really? Haven't heard of that one before. Basically a mark up, they just call it MSRP
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 02:57 PM   #12
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
It is extra work, they have to schedule the delivery, keep track of build progress etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2016, 04:10 PM   #13
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

It's BS.

I approached a dealer a while back and they said the same thing no ED on M2. Then I said what if I do ED and pay U.S. MSRP? He quickly changed his mind and said yes I can do that.

So that means yes it is BS because the dealer wants to maximize their profile as much as possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 06:36 AM   #14
TankerJoe
My other car is a... M1A2SEPv2 Abrams Tank
United_States
Rep
Drives: One Blue BMW

When someone lies to you, go to a dealership and a CA who won't lie. ED is the B-O-M-B!

BMW Car Club of America member #491133
Appreciate 0