BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 Allocation Available MSRP, Texans get dibs

09-23-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

M2 Allocation Available MSRP, Texans get dibs

Allocation has been spoken for.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 09-24-2016 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
OG///M1003.50
BAN_M2C4180.00
      09-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #2
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
If you live in Texas and are an upstanding member of this forum ready to pull the trigger on a MSRP 2017 M2 allocation towards the end of this year PM me. Car is in 111 status ready to be reconfigured for week 49 production.

The last one I passed along to a member was subsequently attempted to be sold by said member at over sticker which was a douchey thing to do so please don't PM me if that's what you intend to do.

If no one in Texas picks this up I'll open it up next week.
CosmosMpower back at it again with the allocations.
Doing a great service for the community. Thank you sir
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

That's how I got a car so just passing it along
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Awesome!! If my car wasn't sitting at the port I would be all over this. My Houston dealer charged me MSRP but required that I add MPE with CF tips, a $4,500 option I don't want.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
GVN*2FLY
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘16 GT4|‘22 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
Awesome!! If my car wasn't sitting at the port I would be all over this. My Houston dealer charged me MSRP but required that I add MPE with CF tips, a $4,500 option I don't want.
Wow - which dealer did this to you? I got mine through Momentum and didn't get anything like this at all. Was their second allocation, picked up 2 weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:12 PM   #6
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kheard View Post
Wow - which dealer did this to you? I got mine through Momentum and didn't get anything like this at all. Was their second allocation, picked up 2 weeks ago.
I'm getting mine from Momentum as well. I was not on the waiting list. This was an extra stock allocation that they received that did not have to go through the waiting list. However, they claimed that in order to get the allocation BMW was requiring them to get it with MPE in order to promote M parts. Everything else I was able to order the way I wanted. I even bought a 328i the same day I ordered the M2 and they still wouldn't cut me any slack. I kind of believe them but when I mentioned it on these forums most speculated it's just a money play.

You must have the AW with the black front grills and side gills that was just there. I was there visiting with my SA a couple of weeks ago and he took me way in the back to look at it. Loved it. They didn't let me in it or anything. Just walked around and looked at it from the outside. I even took a couple of pics. How do you like it? I've seen two in person at Monentum but have yet to see one in the wild here in Houston.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:23 PM   #7
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields
Quote:
I'm getting mine from Momentum as well. I was not on the waiting list. This was an extra stock allocation that they received that did not have to go through the waiting list. However, they claimed that in order to get the allocation BMW was requiring them to get it with MPE in order to promote M parts. Everything else I was able to order the way I wanted. I even bought a 328i the same day I ordered the M2 and they still wouldn't cut me any slack. I kind of believe them but when I mentioned it on these forums most speculated it's just a money play.

You must have the AW with the black front grills and side gills that was just there. I was there visiting with my SA a couple of weeks ago and he took me way in the back to look at it. Loved it. They didn't let me in it or anything. Just walked around and looked at it from the outside. I even took a couple of pics. How do you like it? I've seen two in person at Monentum but have yet to see one in the wild here in Houston.
Dealer lies -

1 - Extra stock that doesn't have to go to the waiting list

I'll bet the people on the waitlist there don't agree

2 - Required to buy MPE?

BMW AG doesn't sell vehicles with strings attached

Sounds like you moved ahead of all the people waiting for a car at MSRP by paying this markup.

3- wow - you bought 2 cars - I bet they also lied to you and didn't even offer you their best finance rate.

@jtfields car is sitting at port.

Looks like Momentum is holding a demo so that they can use it to sell from. That or Franklin Joseph sold his back already
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #8
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Dealer lies -

1 - Extra stock that doesn't have to go to the waiting list

I'll bet the people on the waitlist there don't agree

2 - Required to buy MPE?

BMW AG doesn't sell vehicles with strings attached

Sounds like you moved ahead of all the people waiting for a car at MSRP by paying this markup.

3- wow - you bought 2 cars - I bet they also lied to you and didn't even offer you their best finance rate.

@jtfields car is sitting at port.

Looks like Momentum is holding a demo so that they can use it to sell from. That or Franklin Joseph sold his back already
Pretty much the reaction I got when I originally posted about it here when I first ordered the car. Oh well, plenty of people paying over MSRP for nothing. If given the choice I'd rather be forced to add some options than just pay a "market premium".

I never attempted to finance through them on the 328i. I put over half down and went through my credit union. I will probably do the same on the M2.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #9
GVN*2FLY
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘16 GT4|‘22 X3MC

Quote:

Yep, that AW is mine. You must have seen it between Tuesday 9/6 and early on Thursday 9/8. They did the tint for me and added the CF spoiler on the 9th and I got it on the 10th.

Their 1st M2 was an LBB in ~May/June with a lot of CF parts, including the MPE. They said that first one was pre-configured by BMW and I wouldn't be able to choose color and options. I passed on that one and chose to order an AW. They asked me if I wanted more CF and MPE, but I declined. I understand they get M "program" or "corporate" cars where they don't get to configure them (the aforementioned LBB M2). The black M3 on the floor right now is one of these, and it has a sun roof, something I understand most don't custom order (I wouldn't, either).

My experience in picking up the car was interesting. While looking at it on the showroom floor, a couple was standing with another SA and said "we'll take it". The SA says "this one belongs to that guy" and then told them the wait list is many months. 5 minutes later another guy approaches me and says he raced into the dealership to see it before I picked it up. He followed me out into the parking lot and asked to take videos/pics while I was in the car with the BMW Genius. He had just got on their wait list and reported an estimated wait of 18 months.

Anyway, mine is a fun car and won't be in the wild very often.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 10:10 AM   #10
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I was able to completely configure mine. But I was just told I had to get it with MPE plus one other CF part (chose the side winglets.) In fact it was an AW DCT with even more CF when I first got the allocation and I was able to dial back some of the CF and change it to LBB 6MT.

I saw their original LBB with MPE. The owner was there at the time doing their paperwork. That's when I first inquired to the sales manager (Max) about getting one.

That time frame of when I saw yours sounds right. It was a day or two after mine went into production. It didn't have a CF spoiler at the time. I wish it did, I would have liked to have seen the spoiler. The spoiler seems like a no brainier on the AW but I can't decide for the LBB. I can't remember, was yours 6MT or DCT?

My apologies to the OP. Didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #11
toastie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e39 M5

Quote:
Yep, that AW is mine. You must have seen it between Tuesday 9/6 and early on Thursday 9/8. They did the tint for me and added the CF spoiler on the 9th and I got it on the 10th.

Their 1st M2 was an LBB in ~May/June with a lot of CF parts, including the MPE. They said that first one was pre-configured by BMW and I wouldn't be able to choose color and options. I passed on that one and chose to order an AW. They asked me if I wanted more CF and MPE, but I declined. I understand they get M "program" or "corporate" cars where they don't get to configure them (the aforementioned LBB M2). The black M3 on the floor right now is one of these, and it has a sun roof, something I understand most don't custom order (I wouldn't, either).

My experience in picking up the car was interesting. While looking at it on the showroom floor, a couple was standing with another SA and said "we'll take it". The SA says "this one belongs to that guy" and then told them the wait list is many months. 5 minutes later another guy approaches me and says he raced into the dealership to see it before I picked it up. He followed me out into the parking lot and asked to take videos/pics while I was in the car with the BMW Genius. He had just got on their wait list and reported an estimated wait of 18 months.

Anyway, mine is a fun car and won't be in the wild very often.
If this is Momentum the wait list is about 30+ deep. I was 19 and I knew of a 1 or 2 people that passed through my CA.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 01:37 PM   #12
IG: lpm039
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30/E46/E90/E92/F82/F87/4S/CTR

2nd PM sent
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 02:03 PM   #13
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0039 View Post
2nd PM sent
Read my original post
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #14
United_States
Rep

Thanks for helping out
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #15
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for helping out
Don't like my terms? Go find your own allocation.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 02:42 PM   #16
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Quote:
Thanks for helping out
Don't like my terms? Go find your own allocation.
Sir yes sir, found one just now and thank you so so much.

Last edited by 0039; 09-24-2016 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 02:54 PM   #17
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Allocation is pending to a Texan. Will update once it's confirmed. Thanks for the PMs
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 05:45 PM   #18
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Allocation is officially spoken for, thanks for playing!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #19
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Bet you our cars are parked next to each other at the port.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #20
DerRikker
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
Quote:
Bet you our cars are parked next to each other at the port.
Thanks Cosmos - hope to pay it forward soon..
Appreciate 0