BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #1
M3VSRCF
Private First Class
47
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT, K&N, JB1 11.6@118
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 295s on OEM 19' rim

Any issues with fitting these ?

looking to replace factory tires with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 295/30/19
in the rear and 245/35/19 front.

Any positive experience with traction and handling?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #2
Camnyc
wannabe
85
Rep
596
Posts

Drives: E90 LCI M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: nyc/pbi

iTrader: (3)

265/35/19
295/30/19

would be perfect. I have a set fs and im local.
__________________
E90 M3 - 6speed - slicktop - single hump - vf650
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 12:02 AM   #3
Justin.AutoTalent
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Justin.AutoTalent's Avatar
2757
Rep
2,749
Posts


Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3VSRCF View Post
Any issues with fitting these ?

looking to replace factory tires with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 295/30/19
in the rear and 245/35/19 front.

Any positive experience with traction and handling?
You would want 275/30/19 & 295/30/19

The EVO2 is not that great of a tire, you'll have better traction and performance with your stock MPSS.

Another tire to consider is the Bridgestone S04 Pole Position if you're looking to stay within the price range of the Hankook
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #4
8_is_enough
Captain
8_is_enough's Avatar
138
Rep
931
Posts

Drives: '16 F80 6MT, '17 i3 REX
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Danville, CA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin | AutoTalent View Post
You would want 275/30/19 & 295/30/19

The EVO2 is not that great of a tire, you'll have better traction and performance with your stock MPSS.

Another tire to consider is the Bridgestone S04 Pole Position if you're looking to stay within the price range of the Hankook
Agreed. I had EVO2s on my stock E92 M3 and they could barely put the power down. No way I'd put them on an F8X...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #5
Justin.AutoTalent
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Justin.AutoTalent's Avatar
2757
Rep
2,749
Posts


Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8_is_enough View Post
Agreed. I had EVO2s on my stock E92 M3 and they could barely put the power down. No way I'd put them on an F8X...
S04 Pole Positions are "a little bit better" than Hankook but if you really really want grip, I would recommend RE-11, RE71R (if you don't mind a bit of noise), Nitto NT01, or my favorite: Yokohama AD08R
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 06:04 PM   #6
mercedesc63
Captain
mercedesc63's Avatar
United_States
247
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3VSRCF View Post
Any issues with fitting these ?

looking to replace factory tires with Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 295/30/19
in the rear and 245/35/19 front.

Any positive experience with traction and handling?
Hankooks are low quality tires meant for lesser cars.

I wouldn't settle for anything less than. Michelin Pilot Super Sport.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
2007 E63 M6 SMG, 1999 996 Carrera Cab AT, 2007 & 2008 E90 335xi AT, 2011 E93 M3 DCT, 2X 2002 E46 M3 SMG & 6MT, 2016 F80 M3 DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 12:05 AM   #7
M3VSRCF
Private First Class
47
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT, K&N, JB1 11.6@118
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

I just need something reasonably priced for one season before lease is up. All ruber listed is good but feel bad throwing $ away on leased car..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 01:03 AM   #8
mercedesc63
Captain
mercedesc63's Avatar
United_States
247
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3VSRCF View Post
I just need something reasonably priced for one season before lease is up. All ruber listed is good but feel bad throwing $ away on leased car..
Yea I will too but settling for inferior tires even used would defeat the purpose of upgrading them.

Check out the prices on the Bridgestone RE11/RE71 and Michelin SuperSport.

I've seen the Nitto Invo and they have the sizes you would want 265/35/19 and 285/35/19. I don't know how the perform but better than the Hankooks.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
2007 E63 M6 SMG, 1999 996 Carrera Cab AT, 2007 & 2008 E90 335xi AT, 2011 E93 M3 DCT, 2X 2002 E46 M3 SMG & 6MT, 2016 F80 M3 DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 10:51 AM   #9
JMon
FAST
JMon's Avatar
302
Rep
556
Posts

Drives: Porsche GT3 Cup
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlottesville VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
Hankooks are low quality tires meant for lesser cars.
Hmmm I wouldn't say that.

I used V12s as a good daily driver tire on my 911 as an alternative for the PS2 at the time. At the time, I found them to be just as good in every aspect.

I wouldn't say they are as good as a MPSS, but close. I definitely wouldn't discount them as a low quality tire.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 11:39 AM   #10
M3VSRCF
Private First Class
47
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT, K&N, JB1 11.6@118
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Hmmm dilemma, who do i listen to ?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 11:41 AM   #11
M3VSRCF
Private First Class
47
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT, K&N, JB1 11.6@118
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

I think i will slap 295/30/19s R888 for the rear and call it a day.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:28 PM   #12
mercedesc63
Captain
mercedesc63's Avatar
United_States
247
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3VSRCF View Post
I think i will slap 295/30/19s R888 for the rear and call it a day.
If u go 295/30 rear make sure you upgrade to 265/30 or 275/30 front.

You will throw off your DSC with a 245/35 or 255/35. It will interfere more and your car won't really drive that good.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
2007 E63 M6 SMG, 1999 996 Carrera Cab AT, 2007 & 2008 E90 335xi AT, 2011 E93 M3 DCT, 2X 2002 E46 M3 SMG & 6MT, 2016 F80 M3 DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #13
M3VSRCF
Private First Class
47
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT, K&N, JB1 11.6@118
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
If u go 295/30 rear make sure you upgrade to 265/30 or 275/30 front.

You will throw off your DSC with a 245/35 or 255/35. It will interfere more and your car won't really drive that good.

Why would it interfere more? Are you talking from personal experience ?

** I was planning to keep 255/35/19 in the front
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #14
mercedesc63
Captain
mercedesc63's Avatar
United_States
247
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3VSRCF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
If u go 295/30 rear make sure you upgrade to 265/30 or 275/30 front.

You will throw off your DSC with a 245/35 or 255/35. It will interfere more and your car won't really drive that good.

Why would it interfere more? Are you talking from personal experience ?

** I was planning to keep 255/35/19 in the front
255/35 and 295/30 would have exactly the same diameter. You have to consider that currently your cars MDM/DSC has been programmed to have a .6in bigger tire in the rear. An increase in the front/rear size difference would decrease MDM/DSC interference. What your trying to do will cause the MDM/DSC to interfere more.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
2007 E63 M6 SMG, 1999 996 Carrera Cab AT, 2007 & 2008 E90 335xi AT, 2011 E93 M3 DCT, 2X 2002 E46 M3 SMG & 6MT, 2016 F80 M3 DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 03:33 PM   #15
M3VSRCF
Private First Class
47
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT, K&N, JB1 11.6@118
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
255/35 and 295/30 would have exactly the same diameter. You have to consider that currently your cars MDM/DSC has been programmed to have a .6in bigger tire in the rear. An increase in the front/rear size difference would decrease MDM/DSC interference. What your trying to do will cause the MDM/DSC to interfere more.

Interesting... my logic is .. should have less interference from MDM/DSC due to
no rear tire spin with R888 regardless of height of the tire.

In other words : no traction problem = no interference

Correct me if I am wrong
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 05:53 PM   #16
mercedesc63
Captain
mercedesc63's Avatar
United_States
247
Rep
927
Posts

Drives: 02 BMW Z3M Coupe S54 Slicktop
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3VSRCF View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
255/35 and 295/30 would have exactly the same diameter. You have to consider that currently your cars MDM/DSC has been programmed to have a .6in bigger tire in the rear. An increase in the front/rear size difference would decrease MDM/DSC interference. What your trying to do will cause the MDM/DSC to interfere more.

Interesting... my logic is .. should have less interference from MDM/DSC due to
no rear tire spin with R888 regardless of height of the tire.

In other words : no traction problem = no interference

Correct me if I am wrong
It will in fact have more traction with the TC off because of course that is the logic.

However the computer is programmed a certain way and if you did that it would interfere. That's because it would think you are slipping even if you aren't. It goes by diameter if it thinks your diameter is different it will be confused.

Keep this in mind the MDM/DSC works even when the light doesn't come on.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
2007 E63 M6 SMG, 1999 996 Carrera Cab AT, 2007 & 2008 E90 335xi AT, 2011 E93 M3 DCT, 2X 2002 E46 M3 SMG & 6MT, 2016 F80 M3 DCT
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #17
Kankles
Rear Admiral
Kankles's Avatar
No_Country
562
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: Bavarian Milk Wagon
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location:

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Have the V12s on my wife's 118d and even on that car (diesel torque) they are dangerous in the wet...dry performance is decent though. No way would I run these on the F80.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 07:46 PM   #18
M3VSRCF
Private First Class
47
Rep
155
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 DCT, K&N, JB1 11.6@118
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedesc63 View Post
It will in fact have more traction with the TC off because of course that is the logic.

However the computer is programmed a certain way and if you did that it would interfere. That's because it would think you are slipping even if you aren't. It goes by diameter if it thinks your diameter is different it will be confused.

Keep this in mind the MDM/DSC works even when the light doesn't come on.
Sad news, but good info.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #19
longkid
Private
15
Rep
65
Posts

Drives: 2016 M4 F82
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

hankook's wear is terrible
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 07:00 PM   #20
JMon
FAST
JMon's Avatar
302
Rep
556
Posts

Drives: Porsche GT3 Cup
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlottesville VA

iTrader: (0)

Bad tire wear? Are we all still talking about the V12? Or a different tire?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST