E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Heater temp changes on direction

01-30-2017, 06:51 AM   #1
McPikie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Msport

Heater temp changes on direction

I've noticed recently that if I have my heaters on, say 25deg, with windows closed, when I turn right, the heaters get cool very quickly, but then return to normal.

Same as when I turn left, but then that goes a little hotter, then back to normal.

Is something wrong with my car?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 03:09 PM   #2
Brandicular
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPikie View Post
I've noticed recently that if I have my heaters on, say 25deg, with windows closed, when I turn right, the heaters get cool very quickly, but then return to normal.

Same as when I turn left, but then that goes a little hotter, then back to normal.

Is something wrong with my car?
Sounds like the heated fluid is rushing in and out of your heater core when turn. Could be that your heater core is not being fully pressurized.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 03:12 AM   #3
Eddien123
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

What???? That's nuts I've never heard of that before. Could be a heater core issue. They run off of engine coolant and while I don't have an exact idea of how they work, they are under the same pressurized conditions as the rest of the system when you have the heat on and it could be an issue with the system keeping hot fluid running through the core. I assume there is some sort of valve that regulates coolant flow. That could be faulty.
Appreciate 0