E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Another Fuel Pump?!! FK

05-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Tmac911
Ty Come AGAIN!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 335i 6mt

Angry Dead Fuel Pump???!! FK

Yup that's right... its a 2008 Feb built E92 335i had it for about a month.
This morning i started up the car and immediately it started to hesitate and then tried to stall but kept going, i was like OMFG dont tell me i got a false fuel pump. So i turned off the car and then back on and it lasted for about 5secs and then died again and it wont start at all after that. I'm pretty sure its the fuel pump as for the past 2weeks i felt some hesitation when i started the car and im 100% sure that there was at least half a tank of gas left in the tank. O well, i called my SA's secretary and she was very helpful and she'll get me a courtesy car and have my beloved car towed.

Alright im done... im just a lil pissed off, ive read lots of fuel pump issues and i just didnt see myself being one of them LFMAO. I just booked an appointment to have my oil change and im about to finish my breakin period, its at around 1980km? Anyways fk the fuel pump!

n i waited 4months and my happiness only lasted for a month DAaarn IT

Update.

I got a call this morning and the guy said he could start my car just fine and asked me what was the problem... i was just 0_0' wtf.......... i explained and when i asked him would it be the fuel pump dying and blabla he didnt seem to be interested in answering me and he just said the car is fine and blablabla and he said the engine sounds a bit loud and maybe a belt is lose or something. Anyways if i get the car back and it wont start or dies in the middle of the road ill be 1 mad mofo.

However, is this the symptom of the fuel pump dying?

Last edited by Tmac911; 05-17-2008 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #2
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

At least you won't have to wait 7+ weeks for a backorder and have the dealer say "I've never seen this before" like I did....

Sorry man... sucks!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
blue-e92
Private
Rep
Drives: MB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
At least you won't have to wait 7+ weeks for a backorder and have the dealer say "I've never seen this before" like I did....

Sorry man... sucks!

"i've never seen this before" and there's a backorder huh. backorder usually means shits out of stock. - out of stock usually means there's a very high demand for that particular item and supply is depleted.

just when i have these moments of regret when I didn't opt for the 335.... i see posts like these.

but - 2 of my friends have 335 and neither one have yet to experience problems that plague the model in question. and then again, theyre the obey-the-speed-limit crowd.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-e92 View Post
"i've never seen this before" and there's a backorder huh. backorder usually means shits out of stock. - out of stock usually means there's a very high demand for that particular item and supply is depleted.
That's because back ~1 year ago when the fuel pumps were a lot more of a common failure, it was hard to get one in. Most of the fuel pumps were going into the factory line to satisfy the heavy orders of 335i's.

It's still ridiculous to me that BMW hasn't fix the issue yet, and now there are 4 models out there that share this part...335, 135, 535, and the X6.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #5
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-e92 View Post

just when i have these moments of regret when I didn't opt for the 335.... i see posts like these.

but - 2 of my friends have 335 and neither one have yet to experience problems that plague the model in question. and then again, theyre the obey-the-speed-limit crowd.
It doesn't matter if you 'obey the speed' or not. Fuel pump failure is hard to attribute as hell. Some people have theirs failed within 100 miles of owning the car, while the car is still stock. Some people have modified cars with their fuel pump still fine at 40,000+ miles.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #6
zeus6
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe w/ZSP

Thumbs up

NHTSA has opened investigation into HPFP issue now, report it please. Please check http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140023
Appreciate 0