Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-15-2018, 05:03 AM   #1
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

F80 M3 custom tune by Paul Johnson (91OCT +Meth) Dyno results

Hi everyone,

Just would like to share with you my experience in BM3 custom tune by Paul Johnson (F80Paul).

When I got my car flashed by BM3 OTS Stage 2 91OCT the car was completely changed and act like a monster. But I was looking for more power and taking the full advantage out of the meth kit that I have.


I have decided to contact Paul and working with him to achieve my goal .The challenge was to reach 530-540WHP on stock turbos (91OCT + Meth) and the results exceeded my expectations (562 WHP / 564 ft-lbs) on Dynojet.

Paul is a very nice guy , knowledgeable, experienced each map revision I received from him is making the car feels better and much stronger while retaining OEM like drivability .He did a multiple revisions to my car to ensure that everything is safe without any issues. Im totally satisfied with the results and very happy with the high level of the customer service.

Thank you Paul for this amazing map
Thank you PTF for this amazing tuning platform

Mods List
1- BMC filters
2- AA midpipes + catless downpipes
3- Meth injection system 100%
4- BM3 custom tune by Paul Johnson (91 OCT + Meth) with no piggyback
5- BM3 DCT flash

Notes:
1- There was a wheelspin on the first run thats why the graph shows low number for the torque 517 ft-lbs
2- The ambient temp in my area is vary between 25-28C in winter season and could reach 35-38 C in summer

Below are the Awron gauge readings HP / Torque for BM3 OTS Stage 2 91 OCT and Paul custom tune ( 91 OCT + Meth)

BM3 OTS Stage 2 91OCT The highest number was (570 HP /670 NM)





Paul custom tune( 91OCT + meth ) (613HP/768NM) The Awron could not read the boost correctly due to BM3 cable was plugged in.





Dynojet results


Last edited by AGM_m3f80; 01-15-2018 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2018, 05:19 AM   #2
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Australia
143
Rep
663
Posts

Drives: F15 50i, F80 CP,
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Meth triggered by?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
1119
Rep
2,135
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (24)

Great work! Another very impressive tune by F80Paul.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
AllRoadPerformance
Private First Class
AllRoadPerformance's Avatar
United_States
100
Rep
187
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Should be a fun car with those kinds of numbers!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisplayer View Post
Meth triggered by?
Aquamist HFS4 system
Appreciate 1
FSociety3245.50

      01-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllRoadPerformance View Post
Should be a fun car with those kinds of numbers!
Yeah extremely fun and strong
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
Brasko
#LSBM3
Brasko's Avatar
No_Country
1278
Rep
1,898
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M3 CP
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Oregon / Florida

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2003 Mitsubishi Evo  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Great numbers! Do you know the HP/TQ without the meth injection engaged? I'm curious about how they compare.
__________________


2016 Laguna Seca Blue /// M3 CP -- AntonioBrasko.com -- IG: @AntonioBrasko
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 12:42 PM   #8
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
Great numbers! Do you know the HP/TQ without the meth injection engaged? I'm curious about how they compare.
Unfortunately no. With BM3 OTS Stage 2 93OCT you could achieve 500- 510 WHP.However, with a custom tune its a different story.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 01:05 PM   #9
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
70
Rep
433
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow M4
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Istanbul

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM_m3f80 View Post
Hi everyone,

Just would like to share with you my experience in BM3 custom tune by Paul Johnson (F80Paul).

When I got my car flashed by BM3 OTS Stage 2 91OCT the car was completely changed and act like a monster. But I was looking for more power and taking the full advantage out of the meth kit that I have.


I have decided to contact Paul and working with him to achieve my goal .The challenge was to reach 530-540WHP on stock turbos (91OCT + Meth) and the results exceeded my expectations (562 WHP / 564 ft-lbs) on Dynojet.

Paul is a very nice guy , knowledgeable, experienced each map revision I received from him is making the car feels better and much stronger while retaining OEM like drivability .He did a multiple revisions to my car to ensure that everything is safe without any issues. Im totally satisfied with the results and very happy with the high level of the customer service.

Thank you Paul for this amazing map
Thank you PTF for this amazing tuning platform

Mods List
1- BMC filters
2- AA midpipes + catless downpipes
3- Meth injection system 100%
4- BM3 custom tune by Paul Johnson (91 OCT + Meth) with no piggyback
5- BM3 DCT flash

Notes:
1- There was a wheelspin on the first run thats why the graph shows low number for the torque 517 ft-lbs
2- The ambient temp in my area is vary between 25-28C in winter season and could reach 35-38 C in summer

Below are the Awron gauge readings HP / Torque for BM3 OTS Stage 2 91 OCT and Paul custom tune ( 91 OCT + Meth)

BM3 OTS Stage 2 91OCT The highest number was (570 HP /670 NM)





Paul custom tune( 91OCT + meth ) (613HP/768NM) The Awron could not read the boost correctly due to BM3 cable was plugged in.





Dynojet results

These are very good figures for stock turbos, congrats! How much meth are you using per tank with this map? I may be going this way too but I'm wondering how convenient it's.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 02:05 PM   #10
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAOZKAN View Post
These are very good figures for stock turbos, congrats! How much meth are you using per tank with this map? I may be going this way too but I'm wondering how convenient it's.
Thanks..I'm using 3 gallon tank with 100% meth. Usually, I refill my tank 2-3 times a month it depends on your driving behavior
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 02:51 PM   #11
PeterPure
Major
PeterPure's Avatar
Belgium
661
Rep
1,350
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Very nice! Now with pure stage2's the power would not drop off so hard!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #12
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkiedm4 View Post
Very nice! Now with pure stage2's the power would not drop off so hard!
Definitely pure s2 will be my next move.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2018, 03:41 PM   #13
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
11267
Rep
123,346
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Looks good

Got any logs?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 04:09 PM   #14
chewbakam4
Captain
chewbakam4's Avatar
570
Rep
918
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

Very nice!! Congrats! Are you mixing meth with any water?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 04:22 PM   #15
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Looks good

Got any logs?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 04:23 PM   #16
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Very nice!! Congrats! Are you mixing meth with any water?
Thanks. 100% Meth
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 04:32 PM   #17
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
4160
Rep
16,409
Posts


Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [3.50]
Good numbers, are you on OEM plugs or running the 97506s?
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 08:45 PM   #18
chewbakam4
Captain
chewbakam4's Avatar
570
Rep
918
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM_m3f80 View Post
Thanks. 100% Meth
How many nozzles? How much do you inject?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 10:44 PM   #19
whoop_ass
Captain
whoop_ass's Avatar
343
Rep
716
Posts

Drives: non
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: On Earth

iTrader: (0)

nice numbers for 91 octane
get us some vbox draggy runs

another great tune by f80Paul
Appreciate 1
FSociety3245.50

      01-15-2018, 11:01 PM   #20
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
319
Rep
1,664
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

I'm really curious on a CUSTOM 91 Octane tune as well.seems like no one cares to do one.haaaahaahaa
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 12:34 AM   #21
AGM_m3f80
New Member
15
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 Austin yellow
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: M power

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Good numbers, are you on OEM plugs or running the 97506s?
NGK gapped to .020

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
How many nozzles? How much do you inject?
Two nozzles pre-intercooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoop_ass View Post
nice numbers for 91 octane
get us some vbox draggy runs



another great tune by f80Paul


Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal f80 View Post
I'm really curious on a CUSTOM 91 Octane tune as well.seems like no one cares to do one.haaaahaahaa
91OCT is the only fuel that is available in my area and I don't want to waste money on race fuel as it's not cheap. Methanol is a magical liquid
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 11:15 PM   #22
NorCal f80
Lieutenant Colonel
319
Rep
1,664
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGM_m3f80 View Post
91OCT is the only fuel that is available in my area and I don't want to waste money on race fuel as it's not cheap. Methanol is a magical liquid

my bust. I re read it ===>> BM3 OTS Stage 2 91OCT The highest number was (570 HP /670 NM)

would you know 91 OTS tune is on similar dyno?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST