Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-08-2020, 02:29 PM   #1
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3879
Rep
1,757
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

bootmod3: Map Switching (DEMO) - Advanced End User/Tuning Features

Hey guys,
Wanted to share a quick demo of an upcoming new feature for bootmod3 called map switching. In this demo it is running on a 2015 BMW M3 with the MEVD17.2.G DME, S55 motor.

This enables users with bootmod3 to flash once but be able to switch between maps in the car without any other flashing. Custom BM3 maps can be created with current 4 entirely independent maps embedded into one with separated settings for load/torque/boost, ignition timing, fueling, knock sensitivity, iDrive gauges and burble.

Map 1: 0.1 BAR of boost (1.5psi ) - Valet map
Map 2: E30 OTS map
Map 3: 1.8 BAR (26psi) 12 degree timing
Map 4: 2.2 BAR (32psi) 18 degree timing with WMI

At the moment, under the covers over 30 calibration tables and the logic driving them have been exposed to enable this level of configurability, with more coming..

Soon, we're releasing a demo of rolling antilag as well as flex fuel integration using flex sensor integration over the canbus.

All the best, cheers

Appreciate 8
      09-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #2
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
162
Rep
1,166
Posts

Drives: F10 535, F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Hey guys,
Wanted to share a quick demo of an upcoming new feature for bootmod3 called map switching. In this demo it is running on a 2015 BMW M3 with the MEVD17.2.G DME, S55 motor.

This enables users with bootmod3 to flash once but be able to switch between maps in the car without any other flashing. Custom BM3 maps can be created with current 4 entirely independent maps embedded into one with separated settings for load/torque/boost, ignition timing, fueling, knock sensitivity, iDrive gauges and burble.

Map 1: 0.1 BAR of boost (1.5psi ) - Valet map
Map 2: E30 OTS map
Map 3: 1.8 BAR (26psi) 12 degree timing
Map 4: 2.2 BAR (32psi) 18 degree timing with WMI

At the moment, under the covers over 30 calibration tables and the logic driving them have been exposed to enable this level of configurability, with more coming..

Soon, we're releasing a demo of rolling antilag as well as flex fuel integration using flex sensor integration over the canbus.

All the best, cheers

When is it being released on iOS TestFlight to start beta testing? Awaiting with great excitement...
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 02:40 PM   #3
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
162
Rep
1,166
Posts

Drives: F10 535, F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Hey guys
Can the feature work with OTS maps as well?
E.g.
Map 1: Stock
Map 2: GTS
Map 3: CS+
Map 4: Stage 2

Great work proTUNING Freaks
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #4
Mintsopoulos
Lieutenant
Mintsopoulos's Avatar
United_States
361
Rep
463
Posts

Drives: '15 MW F80 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Awesome! Very excited for this. And looking forward to seeing the anti-lag....been looking for a 2 step for my 6spd since day one.

How does on the fly changes get made? And as previously asked...will this work for OTS maps?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #5
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
ssabripo's Avatar
United_States
813
Rep
2,854
Posts

Drives: camels & donkeys
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Plantation, Fl

iTrader: (7)

when will this be available for the "masses"?
__________________

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 1
deeldoo829.00

      09-08-2020, 05:03 PM   #6
MisterF80M3
Major
MisterF80M3's Avatar
873
Rep
1,047
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CA

iTrader: (4)

Patiently waiting on the Flex Fuel tune
__________________
2018 BMW F80 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
1492
Rep
2,441
Posts

Drives: Scraper
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: East Oakland, CA

iTrader: (24)

proTUNING Freaks any rough ideas on which FlexFuel kits will be compatible with BM3? Will the Fuel-it E85 BT sensor work?
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2020, 05:43 PM   #8
fiveohwblow
Captain
fiveohwblow's Avatar
United_States
1555
Rep
846
Posts

Drives: E70, E46 M3, F82
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Desert SW

iTrader: (0)

Brilliant. I heard the throttle blipping, was the mode switching involving throttle actuation? If not, how is it accomplished?
Appreciate 1
_robert_105.00

      09-08-2020, 05:45 PM   #9
JamesF80m3
Lieutenant
229
Rep
539
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: New jersey

iTrader: (1)

Will rolling anti lag be available for 6MT cars also?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #10
Halim@HCP
First Lieutenant
Halim@HCP's Avatar
Denmark
668
Rep
364
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Denmark, Copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Can the feature work with OTS maps as well?
E.g.
Map 1: Stock
Map 2: GTS
Map 3: CS+
Map 4: Stage 2

Great work proTUNING Freaks
Yes that's possible

You can set it to the maps you have under 'my maps'
Appreciate 1
gspannu162.00

      09-08-2020, 07:40 PM   #11
_robert_
Private
_robert_'s Avatar
105
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Brilliant. I heard the throttle blipping, was the mode switching involving throttle actuation? If not, how is it accomplished?
From Facebook:

Quote:
Brian: press the brake pedal then tap accel pedal to move between maps. We’re working to move this to the steering wheel controls
Appreciate 2
      09-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #12
Wanted_M
First Lieutenant
Wanted_M's Avatar
United_States
182
Rep
331
Posts

Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Nice work, I like what I see, especially flex fuel option.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 08:35 PM   #13
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
horsepower_and_hounds's Avatar
United_States
1515
Rep
3,926
Posts

Drives: '15 M4 BSM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _robert_ View Post
From Facebook:
That will be changing upon final release.... thy will try to migrate it to the steering controls
__________________
IG: horsepower_and_hounds
'15 M4 BSM DCT CCB, '15 Alfa Romeo 4c coupe "sold", '18 M2 "sold", '15 M4 "totaled", '14 M235 "sold", '09 128i "sold"
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 10:49 PM   #14
blkcow11291
Private First Class
19
Rep
116
Posts

Drives: BMW F83 M4
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: South Orange County

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 F83 M4  [0.00]
Would it be possible to limit how many maps you can switch through? Like if you only want to switch between stock and stage 2 for example?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 02:56 AM   #15
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
162
Rep
1,166
Posts

Drives: F10 535, F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim@HCP View Post
Yes that's possible

You can set it to the maps you have under 'my maps'
Awesome...

... and with the steering wheel controls to switch between maps.

Eagerly wait for you to release the app on TestFlight...


You guys are doing a great job; keep it up.
__________________
---
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 03:49 AM   #16
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
84
Rep
453
Posts

Drives: Austin Yellow M4
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Istanbul

iTrader: (0)

This is an amazing news, I really am so happy to own bm3, they keep pushing the envelope to add more and get better everyday!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #17
TheMaster1971NL
Private First Class
TheMaster1971NL's Avatar
Netherlands
42
Rep
168
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Great!!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 09:42 AM   #18
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
13748
Rep
148,965
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (21)

Nice
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 02:29 PM   #19
chewbakam4
Major
chewbakam4's Avatar
639
Rep
1,053
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Malton

iTrader: (0)

Boomshakalaka! Can’t wait!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 05:10 PM   #20
Halim@HCP
First Lieutenant
Halim@HCP's Avatar
Denmark
668
Rep
364
Posts

Drives: BMW F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Denmark, Copenhagen

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet11291 View Post
Would it be possible to limit how many maps you can switch through? Like if you only want to switch between stock and stage 2 for example?
Yes, it will be up to 4 maps in total.

So you can occupy 2 of them with stock and stage 2
Appreciate 1
Ilvez24.00

      09-10-2020, 05:40 PM   #21
theweebabySeamus
Lieutenant
127
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (1)

1-Valet
2-Valet
3-Stock
4- Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 05:43 PM   #22
Wanted_M
First Lieutenant
Wanted_M's Avatar
United_States
182
Rep
331
Posts

Drives: Frozen Blue M4CS
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

^^ A fellow AZ'r. What up man?
For me;
1.Valet
2. CS stock map
3. 91 w meth
4. E30 w meth

I have a set of HJS 200 cell HFC, will these fit in the DP's area?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bm3, bootmod3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST