Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

07-31-2022, 07:38 PM   #1
N55lif3
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i n55

Wedge Performance Experience

Hi I recently bought a custom tune from Wedge Performance for my Vargas GC+ 6MT F80.

Iím a little disappointed with my experience and am looking for insight incase I shouldnít be.

They started off telling me to run a 850cc meth nozzle. I did that and then told me that meth isnít good for power due to the deviation of fuel between the cylinders. Ok. Not sure why they would tell me to run it in the first place. Anyways.

After 5 revisions my pump gas map from them is only at 17.5psi target and they told me they were going to cap it at 21. The car is doing 8.1s 100-200, slower than my stock turbo 7.2 pump gas time. I also know that the OTS bootmod hybrid map does 23-24psi. So I donít understand why my CUSTOM TUNE pump (and meth) map is being limited to 21 and going to make the same power as I did with stock turbos. Iíve addressed all of these things and they reply as if Iím crazy for wanting more power.

They then told me we wonít do more than 600whp with my E40/(wmi) map. This frustrated me greatly because I know ABP and F80Paul are doing 600+ on 27PSI with just pump octane; let alone meth and E40.

11.4s@120mph (Full Weight + 50lb ea wheel on street) // E30 Wedge Performance
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 09:39 PM   #2
TopJimmy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP

Yeah, that's not right... We don't use meth as a power adder any more because of the uneven distribution and guys frying pistons. It sucks they said this after the fact. I think that may be why they're limiting boost, to protect their butt.

I'd ask for a refund and then go with Paul. He'll ask you to back down the spray to just for cooling, and you'll likely top out at E30-40. No worries though, Paul's tunes pull hard with timing and boost.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 05:19 PM   #3
N55lif3
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i n55

So I switched tuners to ABP and I canít be more happy. The car is doing 26-27PSI with pump gas, we got the meth dispersing evenly on both banks with the STFT matching on each bank and looking good. He went through with me during our messages and we found out my BP engineering titanium j pipe bung hole was causing it to spray unevenly. I put my old vrsf one back and it was perfect.

The car then did 30psi on my e40 map and cracked a 5.3 100-200 on its first run (I am also a 6MT).

He literally got my car dialled in four different maps in two days. And strong support and response was the key factor in this. The car has a safe AFR on pump at 12.0 with literally zero corrections and the way the boost comes on is phenomenal as Iím guessing he reduces the torque/boost lower in gear since I am stock motor. Itís very linear.

In reference to wedge, just thinking about how they were treating me and the things they were saying such as that the pump gas file for my car wouldíve been capped at 21PSI (less than the bootmod 2H map) is unbelievable. They kept telling me I had to have PI and motiv reflex to even put 650whp down. Iím doing 720whp on the stock fuel system with absolutely zero hiccups. Obviously Iím not running 720whp everyday but it shows what power these cars can do on their beefed up fuel system from factory. I donít know if they have a contract or thereís some sort of conflict of interest with other companies and have to sell BMP Pi kits and motiv reflexes or something but to think I spent $1200USD on getting tuned by them makes my blood boil. However, MHD itself is a great platform and Iíve been using them on my old 335i so Iím not trying to shit on the software whatsoever. I think wedge already got rich and just doesnít give a f lol.
Appreciate 2
TopJimmy3630.50