E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Pissed Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
needabmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi TI/SP/PP/NAV/Blue

Pissed Off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok - need your help. I am taking delivery of my new 330xi on Sat. Went to the dealer after hours tonight to just see if I can grab a sneak peek of my new baby. The wait has been killing me so, I just wanted to see it. Anyway, I find the car ( I know its mine by the VIN on the sticker), and begin to look around and low and behold, on the drivers side front bumper is a huge mark - like someone drove the car into a concrete pole and reversed and then went fwd, and then reversed, etc, etc.
I am supposed to be taking delivery on Sat and rest assured I better. Question is: Do i call the dealer tomorrow and tell him I saw it and get hime to ensure its fixed...? Do I ask for compensatiob (even though the car was not mine when this damage happened? Damn. I am so upset. What would you do?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #2
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Why didn't you ask at the place when you saw it?

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

I would take picture of the damage, and refuse delivery.
      08-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

yeah, did you just leave after looking at the damage? I would've talked to someone there instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Why didn't you ask at the place when you saw it?
      08-30-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
jojogargoles
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

who knows maybe they'll fix it b4 giving it to you!
      08-30-2006, 09:17 PM   #6
JMeezee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 SG 335i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Think he mentioned going there after hours...there was no one working at the time, correct?

Sorry to hear that.

2007 SG E90 335i: OEM Spoiler / Hartge Replica lip / M-Tech Sides and Rear / ACS Replica roof spoiler / Blacklines / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / Koni Yellows / 19" Miro M6 Reps / Modded CDV / 35-20 Tint / LUX 3.0 / MTEC Fogs / Stealth Turn Signals / OEM Leather Short Shift knob / NO TUNE YET so I drive slow
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #7
TECENG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Terra

Hey, calm down and relax (I know...that's easy to say). Stuff happens. If you are willing to wait to see if they fix it before you pick it up, see what happens. If they don't mention it but get it fixed, I would have no problem with that. If it isn't fixed, request compensation since you were there to pick up your car and now it's delayed. If the damage is purely cosmetic, let them fix it and try to get something for your trouble. If it's more than cosmetic, I would want to thouroughly inspect the damage to verify it's not going to hurt resale.

Good luck. Sorry to hear about it though, that really sux.

330i Sparkling Graphite | Terra | Walnut | Steptronic | Sport | Premium | Navigation | Comfort Access | Cold Weather Pkg
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by needabmer
Ok - need your help. I am taking delivery of my new 330xi on Sat. Went to the dealer after hours tonight to just see if I can grab a sneak peek of my new baby. The wait has been killing me so, I just wanted to see it. Anyway, I find the car ( I know its mine by the VIN on the sticker), and begin to look around and low and behold, on the drivers side front bumper is a huge mark - like someone drove the car into a concrete pole and reversed and then went fwd, and then reversed, etc, etc.
I am supposed to be taking delivery on Sat and rest assured I better. Question is: Do i call the dealer tomorrow and tell him I saw it and get hime to ensure its fixed...? Do I ask for compensatiob (even though the car was not mine when this damage happened? Damn. I am so upset. What would you do?
I assume you went tonight-go to the dealer tomorrow morning and let them know ; don't have a fit just let them know and ensure that they will repair before delivery. If it is just a scuff mark, there is no underlying damage and then you can insist on a new bumper. If there is strong indentation, let them know that you want them to check the steel bumper arm for damage when they remove the bumper.

Its still a great car and still your car-not a deal breaker and should not a heartbreaker bcs its an easy fix
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 07:02 AM   #9
needabmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Thanks all for your replies. I did go after hours and no one was there. The damage looks superficial (big scratches - through I could feel the roughness, so I know that it will need to be replaced, not just painted. Who knows, maybe the are intending to have it fixed, no issues, for Saturday. I think thats possible to do in two days. Anyway, I will let you know what happens.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 07:04 AM   #10
MrSilver
Judge Advocate General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
QFT

'07 E92 335i "Over-Heating" and "Blowing Up" since 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW
Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite (Howard is not optional)

'07 X3 3.0si - Black on Black, ZPP, ZCW, Step. - Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 07:10 AM   #11
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECENG
Hey, calm down and relax (I know...that's easy to say). Stuff happens. If you are willing to wait to see if they fix it before you pick it up, see what happens. If they don't mention it but get it fixed, I would have no problem with that. If it isn't fixed, request compensation since you were there to pick up your car and now it's delayed. If the damage is purely cosmetic, let them fix it and try to get something for your trouble. If it's more than cosmetic, I would want to thouroughly inspect the damage to verify it's not going to hurt resale.

Good luck. Sorry to hear about it though, that really sux.
agreed...I dont think you need to take picture to back up what you saw. All damages must be reported so dealer cannot lie if you bring up the damage. They do not have to disclose the damage to you if it is under certain amount (at least in some states-don't quote me since i am not lawyer). Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 07:19 AM   #12
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
agreed.
i would also need a full explanation how that happened and WHO did it (and has he been fired?). To accept the car, I will ask for a compensation in dollars or gas coupons value no less than $1000. This is a screwup by careless staff.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 07:20 AM   #13
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03
agreed...I dont think you need to take picture to back up what you saw. All damages must be reported so dealer cannot lie if you bring up the damage. They do not have to disclose the damage to you if it is under certain amount (at least in some states-don't quote me since i am not lawyer). Best of luck.
Hence the reason to take a picture.....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #14
kuthair
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
agreed.
i would also need a full explanation how that happened and WHO did it (and has he been fired?). To accept the car, I will ask for a compensation in dollars or gas coupons value no less than $1000. This is a screwup by careless staff.
haha.... what planet do you live on? Noone's gonna get fired. Would your boss fire you if you screwed up? That's what insurance is for. They'll fix the bumper and if needabmer doesn't accept the car they'll sell it as new to someone else.

Just remember, you catch more bees with honey than vinegar. You are about to start a long relationship with a dealership. Do you really want to be that guy?

I'm not saying to bend over and take it, I'm just saying be respectful.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 08:08 AM   #15
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuthair
Do you really want to be that guy?
thats actually a very good question/point.

though like what he said, don't bend over. You have your rights, and you obviously saw something you didn't want to see or expect from a brand new car.

You really should've taken pics and talked to them at the place, at the very moment you saw it. that would've been the best. If it really is the dealership's fault on those damages, they'll probably freak out and bend over themselves(if you don't settle after they give you excuses).

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 08:40 AM   #16
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

You know what... it might not even be a screw up.

Sometimes, during rail transport in containers, the cars get unseated from their "spot" and tap the car in front and the one behind the car hits the back.

You then have a bunch of cars that get new bumpers because they all have front and back damage except for the first and last cars in the line, of course.

Its a transport thing that happens now and again. If it makes you feel better, take a few pictures of it and bring it up... I don't think you are going to want to wait another two months to get the car over a replaced bumper. And YES! of course, they will fix it prior to delivery./
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 08:52 AM   #17
needabmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Spoke to the dealer. He reassured me that first, this is a "common" thing that happens during transport - ie - the transport truck driver who unloads the cars at typically 3am, is rushing to take 10 cars off the truck. So, he can be careless. The dealer looks for this prior to PDI and WILL have it fixed to brand spanking new condition. Also, he said that i have every right (knowing what i now know) to not be satisified with the repair and demand they do it again. So, bottom line is i am happy. I will update on Sat when i pick up the car.
Thanks all!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 08:53 AM   #18
kuthair
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan 6MT

gratz!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #19
alaloom
Private