E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Diff between sport package and premium E90

12-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Maxsky
Registered
Rep
Drives: 91 Nissan Skyline

Diff between sport package and premium E90

Hello

It's my first post here so I will present myself

I'm from Montreal and I drive a Nissan Maxima and a Nissan skyline and I'm looking to change my maxima as a daily drive. I'm in the process to buy a 330I and I have the choice between the sport package and the premium package. Is there any difference in the brakes , suspension between them because i'm plannig to do some lapping one a while. I know the seat and the steering is different but beside this what are the difference ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsky View Post
Hello

It's my first post here so I will present myself

I'm from Montreal and I drive a Nissan Maxima and a Nissan skyline and I'm looking to change my maxima as a daily drive. I'm in the process to buy a 330I and I have the choice between the sport package and the premium package. Is there any difference in the brakes , suspension between them because i'm plannig to do some lapping one a while. I know the seat and the steering is different but beside this what are the difference ?

Thanks
If you want to go to the track, the sport package is a good choice. You are right, the SP gives you better seats; also, the suspension is stiffer, there is a different steering wheel and the car is lowered. I am almost but not 100 % sure that the SP brakes the same as without the SP. Premium package includes leather seats, and I believe a lumbar support - also, there may be an integrated garage door opener and a factory installed alarm. There are differences between the package content in US and Canadian cars, so you should do some more research. Consider also the cold weather package, because in addition to heated front seats it likely incorporates split back seats and an opening between back seats to access the trunk for carrying skis or other long and slim objects.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Okay, there are members with a lot more knowledge than me, but since I'm here...

Tracking ---> recommend you get "sports package". When automobile magazines review the 3-series, they say to at least get the sport package, if you want to experience the ultimate 3-series drive (excluding the M3 of course), because of the differences in suspension, etc.

It's tough though. IIRC, a 06 3-series w/o premimum package (at least in Canada) came without several features that some people may value more...

Maybe look for a 330i with both?
      12-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

why not look at a 335i?

The price difference shouldn't be much, and you're getting a considerably faster car..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

If you're looking at an Xi, there is no suspension change - all xDrive cars have an xDrive-specific suspension setup, regardless of packages selected.

If you're looking at a non-Xi, then there is a difference in suspension. The Sport Package (ZSP) gives you the sport suspension which is 15mm lower and significantly stiffer compared to both the xDrive and standard non-Xi non-ZSP suspensions.

Brakes are the same all the way around for the 330.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0