M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

04-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
ArtE36M3
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E39 M5

F10 M5 pricing questions

How long do you think it will be before being able to get discount pricing? i called my dealer today inquiring about ED for the 2013 M5. He told me that I would have to pay US MSRP even for ED since it will come out of their allocation. Hopefully this won't be for too long. I would even settle for ED MSRP. Any chance for invoice + pricing? what do you guys think.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

I'd say whenever dealers have more allocations than people snatching them up with orders, which I suspect will be several months. Kind of lame that they're charging US MSRP on ED though. Maybe try another dealer? If doing Performance Center Delivery is an option or you're willing to pay to have it shipped, I'd say your quickest route to invoice+ pricing or ED MSRP would be GOLFFRR, aka Ryan Amico at Steve Thomas BMW. I don't know if they're doing that yet on the M5, but even if they're not I'll bet that they'll start doing it before any other dealer.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 04-30-2012 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

Wait for six months, maybe a year. Economy isnt going to rebound any time soon or gas prices head down. I think BMW dealers will look to make money off anyone who isnt willing to be patient. Supply vs demand. I am waiting at least 12 months. In Columbus, the M5 market isnt that big, but the dealers are charging US MSRP regardless of ED.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtE36M3 View Post
How long do you think it will be before being able to get discount pricing? i called my dealer today inquiring about ED for the 2013 M5. He told me that I would have to pay US MSRP even for ED since it will come out of their allocation. Hopefully this won't be for too long. I would even settle for ED MSRP. Any chance for invoice + pricing? what do you guys think.
Your dealer just try to rip you off.
Yes, it will come out of their allocation, but when you do ED, they should sale you the car at ED MSRP, and they will still make the same amount $ as
you get the car here, and pay the US MSRP. The just try to double their profit.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

I would say thats a pretty disgusting move on behalf of any dealer who will not give you ED MSRP when doing ED. If I was you, I would find another dealer and if there isnt one close to you, I would make the drive to save 10k.

Or...contact BMW NA...I'm sure they can help...
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid

How long till you'll be able to get the M5 at ED invoice + $500? I'm looking to do a ED this time next year. i'm assuming this should be possable at that point???

Last edited by Rohardi; 04-30-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
How long till you'll be able to get the M5 at ED invoice + $500? I'm looking to do a ED this time next year. i'm assuming this should be possable at that point???
I think the member that got this negotiated it 18 months ago - so I guess u should start, yesterday
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TT RS

If BMWNA says that ED is available now and that the first European Delivery will be in September, how can dealers not be able to say to their customers that ED is not available till next year? This is one sure way of turning away customers to go to Mercedez Benz, Audi, etc. I was told (not confirmed) that there is even one European car manufacturer that shoulders the round trip ticket for a European Delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
If BMWNA says that ED is available now and that the first European Delivery will be in September, how can dealers not be able to say to their customers that ED is not available till next year? This is one sure way of turning away customers to go to Mercedez Benz, Audi, etc. I was told (not confirmed) that there is even one European car manufacturer that shoulders the round trip ticket for a European Delivery.
I think the dealers will do ED - but they will not do it at ED MSRP. To my knowledge BMW dealers act on their own, and are permitted to set pricing as demand dictates.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW
Is that was Fiat is doing these days outside of employing Charlie sheen for commercials? #winning
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsc23 View Post
I think the dealers will do ED - but they will not do it at ED MSRP. To my knowledge BMW dealers act on their own, and are permitted to set pricing as demand dictates.
Correct, BMWNA won't be able to help with dealers charging US MSRP for ED. Dealers are their own franchises and are allowed to sell at whatever price they want. However, as far as I know, ED cars do NOT come out of a dealer's allocation; it's a bonus car for them to sell, which is why they tend to be more inclined to give better pricing since they'll still have just as many other cars to sell at higher prices as they would have if you'd never come to them at all.

However, be reasonable with your CA because ED is definitely more work for them, especially if you also choose go to Individual on top of that. Not saying accept US MSRP, but if you want to do ED right now on a hot new car, expecting $500 over invoice is probably unrealistic.

Gone but not forgotten:
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #12
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
However, be reasonable with your CA because ED is definitely more work for them, especially if you also choose go to Individual on top of that. Not saying accept US MSRP, but if you want to do ED right now on a hot new car, expecting $500 over invoice is probably unrealistic.
So what would be a realistic ED price from a dealer? I'm sure even at ED MSRP, the dealer still gets some incentive from BMW, from that deal. So maybe, it is wise to shop around for the best ED deal and not just go with one dealer. So if there are any BMW M5 ED dealers lurking here who will offer the ED MSRP or better, you will have my business, just email me.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #13
matthewEW
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
Is that was Fiat is doing these days outside of employing Charlie sheen for commercials? #winning
Actually, it's the Volvo European Delivery program. I believe, Volvo has several deals. Here's their tourist program:

"This may sound like an elaborate way to get a new car, but not only is it a convenient adventure, it can also save you money - up to 8 % off the U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Two complimentary round trip airline tickets to Europe, VIP delivery, six months Swedish tourist registration and two weeks of European auto insurance are included. Return shipment of your new car to the United States is at no charge. There are no U.S. Customs Duty or port clearance fees for an Overseas Delivery Tourist Program purchase. And when you consider that you will also avoid expensive European rental car costs and return restrictions (from one country to another), the Volvo Overseas Delivery Tourist Program is definitely the way to go. Perhaps best of all, you get to see Europe in one of the finest and safest cars ever made...a Volvo."

But then again, it's not a BMW. But for those who are not BMW fanatics and just want a good European car, this certainly will be a draw. Right now, I am also looking into the Audi and Porche ED program.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #14
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewEW View Post
So what would be a realistic ED price from a dealer? I'm sure even at ED MSRP, the dealer still gets some incentive from BMW, from that deal. So maybe, it is wise to shop around for the best ED deal and not just go with one dealer. So if there are any BMW M5 ED dealers lurking here who will offer the ED MSRP or better, you will have my business, just email me.
Not having done ED or having bought a hot new car immediately at release, I can't comment on what would be reasonable. I personally offered $1500 over invoice for a standard delivery on my M3 last year because I didn't want to deal with haggling and I'd heard that the CA I contacted at my local was awesome (he was). Even if I could've gotten $500, I figured an extra $1000 meant a trivial percentage increase on the total cost of the car for me, but that meant a fair amount of extra profit for him. But try PMing GOLFFRR to see what he says about ED; he's one of the most popular dealers on the boards here, and he typically offers great pricing because he does enough business on these boards to be able to, and of course the fact that he offers that pricing is a big reason why he gets so much of that business in the first place.

Gone but not forgotten:

Last edited by jphughan; 05-01-2012 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #15
ddmerino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Not having done ED or having bought a hot new car immediately at release, I can't comment on what would be reasonable. I personally offered $1500 over invoice for a standard delivery because I didn't want to deal with haggling and I'd heard that the CA I contacted at my local was awesome (he was). Even if I could've gotten $500, I figured an extra $1000 meant a trivial percentage increase on the total cost of the car for me, but that meant a fair amount of extra profit for him.
My contacts at BMWNA have informed me that the MY2013 M5 ED MSRP should be easily available and even at that (ED MSRP) price, dealerships would still have enough monetary incentives offered by BMW. Although dealerships are not bound to give that ED MSRP as advertised by BMW as individual dealers can charge whatever they want, prospective M5 buyers should shop around. There will be dealers who will sell at that (ED) MSRP or better.

So guys, the trick here is to shop around and not be misled by greedy BMW dealers even if the item is "hot" and "may be selling at a premium". It will only be "selling at a premium" because the prospective buyer did not do his/her "homework".

Last edited by ddmerino; 04-30-2012 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #16
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Maybe we start a sticky dedicated to the various dealers, allotment, and pricing? This way we can starve out the greedy ones
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #17
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Maybe we start a sticky dedicated to the various dealers, allotment, and pricing? This way we can starve out the greedy ones
If you guys want to start and maintain one, I'll sticky it.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #18
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
This could become my greatest tool in my hunt for a good, but fair price on my M5
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #19
Dan81
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 Range Rover, Audi TTs

Price Quoted Above MSRP

I contacted my local dealer this week in an attempt to order a new M5 and was quoted market price plus $20,000 premuim above MSRP. I just wondered whether other dealerships are quoting similar premiums?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Not having done ED or having bought a hot new car immediately at release, I can't comment on what would be reasonable. I personally offered $1500 over invoice for a standard delivery because I didn't want to deal with haggling and I'd heard that the CA I contacted at my local was awesome (he was). Even if I could've gotten $500, I figured an extra $1000 meant a trivial percentage increase on the total cost of the car for me, but that meant a fair amount of extra profit for him. But try PMing GOLFFRR to see what he says about ED; he's one of the most popular dealers on the boards here, and he typically offers great pricing because he does enough business on these boards to be able to, and of course the fact that he offers that pricing is a big reason why he gets so much of that business in the first place.
So you got $1500 over invoice? Are you one of the earlier deliveries as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #21
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Quote:
I just started this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 11:38 PM   #22
hakaida442
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan81 View Post
I contacted my local dealer this week in an attempt to order a new M5 and was quoted market price plus $20,000 premuim above MSRP. I just wondered whether other dealerships are quoting similar premiums?
I'd tell them that I'd never buy from them ever or go to them for service and that you are reporting them to this thread on which dealers are reasonable and which ones are bastards. I bet my 2 local dealers are going to be real scumbags too.
Appreciate 0