F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Pressure washer question
GetBMWParts

06-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Pressure washer question

I currently have a wolfgang or whatever it is called foam gun that works off the regular garden hose. I was thinking of getting one of the pressure washer foam guns to use with my pressure washer. I was wondering if it is dangerous to use a pressure washer on the cars? I've seen many videos of people using it but was just wondering.
      06-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
twpenick
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

I use my pressure washer all the time to wash my car. I am very careful with my pressure washer. I usually don't use any pressure tip or setting that I cannot stick my hand in front of, at about 6 inches distance. I also use a foam gun to spread suds all over the car as a pre-rinse. It works great and the high pressure spray is great for brake dust, bugs stuck on the front of your car, etc. My only advice, use common sense. If you think the pressure is too high then turn it down or change the tip on the gun. You should not have any problems and don't stick the spray right on the paint, again, common sense stuff.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Any gun that you would recommend?