GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-02-2024, 09:49 PM   #23
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep
Drives: White/red M3

Cary Jordan is my tuner. He is still attempting to address the issues.

I have found a local tuner who wants to dyno tune the car and has done multiple local cars with the same setup. NRP (North Raleigh Performance) believes he can take care of the issues. They are going to also go over the car one more time to see if there’s anything that happened during installation that wasn’t properly coded. IE: the EU5 injectors etc… They have done 5 cars in the last month with 99% of the same things I’ve done (hub, turbos, fuel upgrades, E85) with no issues so they feel bad and want to make sure I get things up and running.
n8dgr84182.00
      05-02-2024, 10:01 PM   #24
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
Try resetting adaptations
I’ve flashed the OTS Stage 2H and the Cary Jordan tune back and forth just to see if there’s an issue with one vs the other. What do you mean by “resetting adaptations”?
      05-02-2024, 11:18 PM   #25
Jbonly21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 15 F80, 2011 X5 35i, E46 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing View Post
I’ve flashed the OTS Stage 2H and the Cary Jordan tune back and forth just to see if there’s an issue with one vs the other. What do you mean by “resetting adaptations”?
Resetting adaptations is something you do on ISTA after installing the injectors. Going over everything might be the best idea. I am running Mosselman with EU5 injectors, on BM3 S2 E30 tuned with no problems.
      05-06-2024, 10:13 AM   #26
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep

For those who are keeping up and have been helpful. The car is headed back to North Raleigh Performance to have the car looked over and see what the heck is going on as they have done multiple cars over the last month with 95% of what I have done. The one thing I have most of the others didn’t upgrade was the LPFP. 🤷‍♂️

They are also adding the Turner diff plate and bushings as I hope to someday have a running car that needs a solid rear end on it. 😁
Jbonly211102.50
      05-11-2024, 09:30 AM   #27
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep

I have great news!!!
We found the problem! I’m not 100% sure how to phrase this but somehow one of the HPFPs had a spring break and/or cause the seal within the spring to fail and become stuck open. When NRP checked the rail pressure we saw it bleed fuel pressure down over 5 min. We checked for leaking injectors, which would’ve been rare, considering it was newly installed and eventually found the culprit. Dorch Engineering said that they have only seen this happen once before in thousands of installs of their lift kit. I’m now the second instance of this ever happening.
      05-11-2024, 09:36 AM   #28
noemon
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
I recently went all out on my 2016 M3. Upgraded to Pure Stage 2+, BM3 flex fuel, LPFP, HPFP, injectors and fresh NGK 97506 along with other various supporting mods.
Everytime I see these mods, I just cringe.

Why are so many people destroying their engines with added fuel and other such nonsense?

Please go remove all these crap out of your car, bin them and enjoy your car with a stage 2 tune. It's more than enough for die-hard racers.

You will never "find this problem", because the problem is all these crap. You may have a day or 2 of trouble-free motoring but as long as you insist running all these nonsense, you will never be trouble free.

Decats, straight pipes, stage 2 on 91 fuel and a good suspension.

That's it. Be happy.

Quote:
Dorch Engineering said that they have only seen this happen once before in thousands of installs of their lift kit. I’m now the second instance of this ever happening.
If I got a dime everytime I heard this, I'd be a gazillionaire.

Just so you know, most people in the British and European tracks treat people that add fuel pumps and fuel mixes in their cars as painfully ignorant people and generally ignore them or treat them either like babies or as cash cows.

The only venue where such things fly as normal and acceptable is drag-racing.

Last edited by noemon; 05-11-2024 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 10:47 AM   #29
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep

noemon So yeah, I had an issue with my HPFP. Yet there are hundreds, maybe over 1,000 of other guys that did this and had no issues what so ever.

Have you ever been in a car that’s modified more than what you’re claiming?
      05-11-2024, 10:54 AM   #30
noemon
Private
Rep

Quote:
noemon So yeah, I had an issue with my HPFP. Yet there are hundreds, maybe over 1,000 of other guys that did this and had no issues what so ever.
That is totally false. There is none and if anyone claims to be it, they are lying. No single person with meth injection has "had no issues". 99.99% of them do. The only ones who don't are the real dudes who did it themselves and did not pay anybody for the privilege.

Quote:
I warned you, cannot help you any further. There is only so much one can do if you don't want to help yourself.

I've been in cars you can hardly imagine.

You guys are the butt joke among car enthusiasts.

Your bragging rights are all illusory.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 11:11 AM   #31
mikerunt
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
2016 BMW M4 GTS  [9.72]
Why so salty.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 11:45 AM   #32
noemon
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerunt View Post
Why so salty.

2016 BMW M4 GTS [9.72]

I helped build this:

That's one of my best mates and first cousin, running a lot of meth.

We work on each other's cars and I have provided a lot of input and parts for this build.

The tarmac had no glue down for 8.3 with glue we are at sub 7.5.

Everything has a use, putting meth on a standard car(that is not used for drag racing) is stupidity galore.

Paying a garage to do it for you, is stupidity squared. Unless you are truly involved in the build, stay away.

People can & will thank me later.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 01:49 AM   #33
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by noemon View Post
I helped build this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHmfOOw42c

That's one of my best mates and first cousin, running a lot of meth.

We work on each other's cars and I have provided a lot of input and parts for this build.

The tarmac had no glue down for 8.3 with glue we are at sub 7.5.

Everything has a use, putting meth on a standard car(that is not used for drag racing) is stupidity galore.

Paying a garage to do it for you, is stupidity squared. Unless you are truly involved in the build, stay away.

People can & will thank me later.
There seems to be a disconnect here.

This thread is discussing ethanol and DI upgrades.

You are discussing methanol, meth injection, and added fuel pumps. Not one person in this thread has mentioned any of those things (except you). 🤷
      05-12-2024, 09:26 AM   #34
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:
I have great news!!!
We found the problem! I’m not 100% sure how to phrase this but somehow one of the HPFPs had a spring break and/or cause the seal within the spring to fail and become stuck open. When NRP checked the rail pressure we saw it bleed fuel pressure down over 5 min. We checked for leaking injectors, which would’ve been rare, considering it was newly installed and eventually found the culprit. Dorch Engineering said that they have only seen this happen once before in thousands of installs of their lift kit. I’m now the second instance of this ever happening.
Glad you finally got this sorted!! Now the fun begins
Appreciate 1
Nothing292.50
      05-12-2024, 09:38 AM   #35
wheela
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 35i M-sport

Quote:

A lot of guys have been running ugraded Dorch HPFP over in the n55 world for years (my engine). I've only been following this f80 forum for about a year (I like to see what you guys are up to given the similarities of our engines). Obviously not all enthusiasts post, and these forums are just a sampling of people's experiences, but I can honestly say this is the first time I recall seeing anybody post about an issue with a Dorch product. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I see no evidence indicating any significant reliability issues with Dorch beyond what you could expect any other products you can get, including oem HPFP's.

My car was just in the shop for a couple days, problem ended up being with stock components at 70k miles, running only 93 pump gas (stuck open injector and mis-reading rail pressure sensor). I'll soon be installing my Dorch stage 2 HPFP in preparation for installing my big single.

OP, I think your chosen mods will serve you well.
Appreciate 1
Nothing292.50
      05-13-2024, 09:07 AM   #36
Nothing
Roll Tide
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheela View Post
Glad you finally got this sorted!! Now the fun begins
Me too! I’m already enjoying it. I will admit that I’m putting some safe miles on it atm just to make sure everything is perfect for getting hard into it. 👍