GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-02-2015, 07:22 AM   #199
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80///M3 View Post
Wow excellent thread. Enjoyed reading your story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehodzic6 View Post
Great, great thread! Enjoyed the read. Congrats!
I really appreciate it guys! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
That is funny, man

May be if you reveal your name, i end up being the guy sitting next to you at school (please don't)
Would not be surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your personal story. Thank you for this inspiration bit!

I may have missed it but what do you do now after graduating & working? I see you mentioned a business but what kind? In any case, congratulations on the continued hustle & success
The details are irrelevant, but the struggle is real. You feel me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darge82 View Post
Falafel, congrats on the car. Your very car was the first Austin Yellow M3 I have seen in person and it looks great. I like the options you chose. (I work for your dealer ;-) ) I just ordered my YMB M3 a few weeks ago. This will be my 3rd new BMW in 5 years.

I see the pics you took all look to be from Wallingford. Are you from the area? Let me know we will have to meet up when my F80 arrives.
Ok, this will HAVE TO HAPPEN! Basel was telling me and Rick about you the other day, and we are hoping to get together when your car is here so we can do a AY, SO and your YMB M3 photoshoot! How cool would that be?

Yes, I am local to you! I look forward to meeting you and can't wait to see your car! I've never seen a YMB in person and I hear it is such a special blue!

CONGRATS! How much longer until she is here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovko View Post
haha, I thought Egypt too only because of the Panorama October war museum in the background of one of your photos. If it wasn't for that photo I would have guessed Egypt or maybe Abu Dhabi. I'm from Egypt but spent most of my childhood living in Abu Dhabi. One of the few places in the world that paint the curb black and white like that.
I know! Knee high curbs too! Never understood that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
Great read man! I appreciate the effort and you putting yourself out there. I think this is the stuff that makes our forum better.
Thanks buddy! I am a big fan of your garage! What a nice collection!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummer View Post
Man all the xdrive crap...SNOW TIRES. My e36 m3 will out drive Subaru's in the snow because of the tires. You don't need all wheel drive for the snow, you just need proper tires.
Yeah, I am trusting that is the case. But let's not be starting any of that here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
The first few pages gave me the impression you were jacking your own thread, lol. But good chronological process, I think many of us would have similar stories to some extent, seems mine started in 2001, and once you get in the club its hard to look back. I went from 5 years in the M Club, back to non M, then back to M again.
Welcome back man! I am just happy I came back for the right car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabman5 View Post
I enjoyed your story. As another longtime BMW fan, I too dreamed of ownership long before buying my first BMW, although my list is much shorter than yours. E36 318i, E46 323i, 2004 Z4, 2007 Z4M, E92 M3. Picked up my M4 last week.
Congrats dude! That's some nice BMW pedigree right there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Awesome story, man! Great read
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
great story!

i was really curious to know how many more cars you could have gone through between 1997 and now lol
As it turns out, too many.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyw4lker808 View Post
such a good read! Thank you for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mso4 View Post
WOW what an amazing story! Easily my favorite post on any car forums in the past five years. Your writing is personal, witty, and extremely entertaining. I share your enthusiasm for cars but I never got the balls to try out all the cars the way you did. I always took the safe route, getting the Honda Accord instead of the Toyota Supra. Perhaps you inspired me to be more adventurous in the future.

Congrats on all your accomplishments you certainly earned everything you have today. Cheers to many more wonderful auto memories ahead!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Yonny View Post
I like the idea of making it less than perfect, blog style. Might have to do the same.

Thank you so much guys! What an awesome thread this has turned out to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32 View Post
bump for pics of Vanessa.

Lol but seriously, great story! Loved the read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzequielR View Post
He ignored my question, I asked if she was cute. :

I think his wife may be monitoring the thread...
Yes, Vanessa was attractive, but not anything memorable. Besides, when you're going to pick up a brand new M3, not a whole lot else matters.

And when you have a date with a BLONDE VIXEN BOMBSHELL with a face like this, and curves like these ... you wouldn't be thinking about girls either! It's a pretty high bar at that point!

Attached Images

Last edited by Falafel Combo; 05-02-2015 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
      05-02-2015, 05:23 PM   #200
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
Oh man, I guess I left out the part about AY. Thats my only complaint about the car! Austin Yellow is UGLY in real life.

I get looks of sympathy from other drivers, who feel so bad for me. And the paint is like a bird poop magnet. Something about the Metallic Yellow seems to get the pigeons bowels running.

I'm working with BMW NA to issue me a credit voucher or something to have my car wrapped to hide this hideous and AWFUL awful color. No one should buy this color! At least not unless the rest of the car is free! And definitely don't buy it if you dislike random drivers flipping you a birdie with their thumb! That's like the worst type of birdie! It's insulting! I feel like going back to that Kia rental again. At least it was respectable!

Let me know if you get the credit from BMW. I also have a similar complaint in. I actually think BMW hacked my account and changed to AY because they had so much of that horrifically colored paint left. We may have a class action lawsuit.

I heard that AY was supposed to be an April fools prank last year, but someone messed up and actually ordered a huge batch of the paint. They were then forced to use it. Ever since they have been duping unsuspecting customers by slipping it in orders "by accident". I can't believe I was unlucky enough to get stuck with this pathetic attempt at a color.
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #201
Squddie
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4

I'm wondering what would have happened if you had had a set of winter wheels for the e90 335i.

Nice color on the e46, too.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #202
obliterate
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 EB M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumen View Post
oh my god!!

This is all your life inside one post!!

328GT to M3

On time!!

I think that there are BMW owners and M owners
Love the quote "This is all your life inside one post!!"
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #203
M3inMG
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW F80  [0.00]
Amazing write up! I have been on the fence for a new car. Buy the F30 or just keep waiting until i find a deal on a used F80. So of course i go back and forth daily. I even thought just buy a E90 M3 a few months back. When you got to the first F30 i was nervous to see what you thought... Great job, i enjoyed everything about your post.
Oh and I am waiting for the right F80 to come around. I will be upgrading from a E90 (325i) i have only dreamed of M3's and now i know if i wait a few more months i will find one. I am going to do the back and forth in my head but will have one soon.

Thanks again, great job
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #204
digitalpersona
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Blk/Blk

Congrats and amazing post. Not sure if i could give such a detailed history of ownership.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 09:42 PM   #205
ginginha
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Faity

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks man! Here it is. I gathered a few helpful threads for you on this topic. Especially check out Presario thread. He's the man!

UPDATE: Recalibrated steering after ECU update

Steering Feel Fixed! Thank you BMW.
Sorry for the delayed response ... I didn't notice the post until just now. But THANK YOU very much. I have an oil change in 400 miles and now I know what else to ask for. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 09:17 PM   #206
ginginha
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Faity

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks man! Here it is. I gathered a few helpful threads for you on this topic. Especially check out Presario thread. He's the man!

UPDATE: Recalibrated steering after ECU update

Steering Feel Fixed! Thank you BMW.
Got this done last week and definitely noticed a change in steering feel. I wouldn't call it dramatic, but an upgrade nonetheless. This will make it easier to live with until I can get out of it. Thanks again for the info and the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #207
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Falafel Combo....

One of the best M stories I've ever read. Thanks for sharing. You made my night. I'm going to go stare at my M now sitting in the garage, just 'cause.

I know this entire thread is old, but I sooooo want an update of your M3 experience. Whenever you have time, just hoping your still hanging around this forum.

And this post below, just epic, had me in tears. Yes, I've been there too....wisdom and taste often come with age.

Quote:
Just look at these pictures ... LOOK AT THEM! How many horrors can you count? The front "air dam"? The hand-molded sideskirts? The rear wing? The murdered out tail lights? The hubcaps ... the M logo ... the aftermarket white interior ... the fake dual exhaust!!!? I think I need to go lay down for a few minutes ...
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2016, 02:14 AM   #208
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Just read the whole story and absolutely loved it!

Interested to hear an update, is the car still stock etc
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2016, 12:34 AM   #209
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

This is the best story on this forum. Period. Thank you for sharing!
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2016, 05:58 AM   #210
EdwinDrn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coming Soon

wow read this whole thing through, awesome post. From an e92 M3 to a mazda :O Brutal!!!
You eventually came back, props for that.

Congrats!!!
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2016, 09:04 AM   #211
NavyBeeker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 SS/SS - 19SepED

GREAT story Falafel! Sat and read it this Sunday morning with fresh strong cups of coffee.... and a rare silence in my house (wife and kids stayed out of house last night).... so a special treat all the way around in this crib...

My F80 is on order, picking up in less than a month in Munich, then at PCD in SC sometime in NOV.... can. NOT. Wait. But loving the anticipation / experience at the same time.

Thanks for stoking the passion fires in all of us!
Appreciate 1
      08-21-2016, 09:42 AM   #212
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Lol! My family is from Egyptian descent, so it was just a silly name that pays homage to my ancestors sick culinary skills! Who doesn't like falafel anyway???? Man, I could go for some right now!

Quick, Northeast BMW M3 Falafel meet!

Wow..this thread made me hungry
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2016, 11:51 AM   #213
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Falafel Combo....

One of the best M stories I've ever read. Thanks for sharing. You made my night. I'm going to go stare at my M now sitting in the garage, just 'cause.

I know this entire thread is old, but I sooooo want an update of your M3 experience. Whenever you have time, just hoping your still hanging around this forum.

And this post below, just epic, had me in tears. Yes, I've been there too....wisdom and taste often come with age.
Thanks man, I appreciate that so much!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the read.

The car is flippin awesome! Only problem is I'm out of miles and barely half way through my lease!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
Just read the whole story and absolutely loved it!

Interested to hear an update, is the car still stock etc
Yup. Stock as they come. Well, I added a few scratches here and there and curbed a couple of rims. Just to add my own personal touch to it, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
This is the best story on this forum. Period. Thank you for sharing!
Posts like this make my day! Thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwinDrn View Post
wow read this whole thing through, awesome post. From an e92 M3 to a mazda :O Brutal!!!
You eventually came back, props for that.

Congrats!!!
There is nothing else out there, that drives like a BMW. Period. And within the BMW lineup, there is nothing else that drives, handles or feels as nimble and tights as an M3. Period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyBeeker View Post
GREAT story Falafel! Sat and read it this Sunday morning with fresh strong cups of coffee.... and a rare silence in my house (wife and kids stayed out of house last night).... so a special treat all the way around in this crib...

My F80 is on order, picking up in less than a month in Munich, then at PCD in SC sometime in NOV.... can. NOT. Wait. But loving the anticipation / experience at the same time.

Thanks for stoking the passion fires in all of us!
I can COMPLETELY relate to that! Hope your family is well and wish you all the best with your f80 pickup. That's one thing I am dying to do! Euro delivery!!! Sounds much better than picking up my car disheveled, grimy and exhausted after a long days work!

Post pictures of her when you finally do the pick up!!! The wait is well worth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Wow..this thread made me hungry
Lol!!! I'm having falafel for dinner tonight. Not even kidding! Lol!!
Appreciate 1
Biorin2784.50
      12-25-2016, 08:35 AM   #214
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep

It's true. History doesn't repeat itself. But boy does it rhyme!

Appreciate 2