Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

09-28-2016, 04:59 PM   #1
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

European deliver - premium advanced

Hey All

I'll be ordering my F80 shortly and will be doing ED, does anyone know if the Premium Advanced is available for North American customers?

http://www.bmw-welt.com/en/automobil...ery/index.html

Thanks
-Pearson
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 06:18 AM   #2
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

What they are describing is the program we receive as part of a typical ED. The area they show in the photo is theoretically exclusive to 7er buyers, but that's the only real difference - some chairs around the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
What they are describing is the program we receive as part of a typical ED. The area they show in the photo is theoretically exclusive to 7er buyers, but that's the only real difference - some chairs around the car.
Ya, which is in keeping with someone ordering a 7 series. Ordering an M3, I would prefer as little time as possible farting around eating sandwiches beside my car, and more time tearing up the alpine roads just south of Munich. One is spectacular and breath taking, the other is only interesting up until you see what the Alps have to offer.

Stay jiggly, my friend.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 02:14 PM   #4
rcclarke
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofighter View Post
Hey All

I'll be ordering my F80 shortly and will be doing ED, does anyone know if the Premium Advanced is available for North American customers?

http://www.bmw-welt.com/en/automobil...ery/index.html

Thanks
-Pearson
The Premium Lounge and associated walk-through is part of the process. My wife and I did ours about 3 weeks ago; and afterwards we headed south to the Alps...

My advice: Spend a few hours there and take advantage of the museum, factory tour, and premium lounge if you haven't previously done so...It's all included as part of the delivery process...you just have to make arrangements ahead of time for the factory tour.

They have lockers available in the Premium Lounge, so you can drop your day pack or other gear off before you go and explore the place.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
zerofighter
projecttechnik.com
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP

More so referring to this post;
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...87&postcount=3

Seems like there may be different levels of delivery available, that post is quite old though.

I was also told that there was a "premium" full day tour that can be booked opposed to the half day tour. I assume the half day tour is only the plant/museum where the premium may include a bit more?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 02:54 PM   #6
rcclarke
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Yeah, that post is about 3 years old. For the ED I did a few weeks ago, pretty much everything on the three lists was included, except for: private room delivery, dinner at the Bavarian restaurant, grey line sightseeing tour, product center briefing, and photos.

You get pretty much everything else, although you have to get a slot assigned beforehand for the factory tour...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 03:35 PM   #7
ApexL8
Private
Rep
Drives: M-Powered

When I was there earlier this month I saw an X5 in the "Premium" delivery area. Obviously not a BMW headed back to the U.S. of A.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 03:03 PM   #8
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofighter View Post
More so referring to this post;
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...87&postcount=3

Seems like there may be different levels of delivery available, that post is quite old though.

I was also told that there was a "premium" full day tour that can be booked opposed to the half day tour. I assume the half day tour is only the plant/museum where the premium may include a bit more?
To add to my earlier comment (based on the thread you linked above):

- US ED includes complimentary car service from MUC to your hotel in Munich
- Two tickets to the museum are included
- A presentation in the product center is included (if desired)
- Factory tour is included, but you must schedule it yourself.
- Welt tour is included, but you must schedule it yourself.
- Unrestricted access to Premium Lounge is included (on delivery day)

It's plausible that the for cost "rest of the world" programs might include a higher level of attention, perhaps from a scheduling standpoint, but maybe not. I think we're already getting the total package, or at least the most relevant parts of it.
Appreciate 0