Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

05-22-2024, 05:41 AM   #23
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxd23 View Post
Meh, if it really was just a rock chip that was repaired and he's asking $85k, he should have taken a photo and have documentation for that repair, as mentioned previously.

Otherwise you're rolling the dice with a Carfax damage report.

It's been on sale almost 4 months. It may take another 4 months, or more, before this sells.

The number of people in the market for a six year old M3 with a Carfax damage report at this asking price is vanishingly small.

If seller was serious about getting top dollar, he would put it up on BaT or C&B. Actually, don't put it on C&B. Those guys are assholes.
I agree for sure
2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101

11 E90 M3 JEREZ BLK METALLIC ZCP SOLD
Appreciate 1
mehman63132.00
      05-22-2024, 01:18 PM   #24
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Meh, if it really was just a rock chip that was repaired and he's asking $85k, he should have taken a photo and have documentation for that repair, as mentioned previously.

It's been on sale almost 4 months. It may take another 4 months, or more, before this sells.

The number of people in the market for a six year old M3 with a Carfax damage report at this asking price is vanishingly small.

If seller was serious about getting top dollar, he would put it up on BaT or C&B. Actually, don't put it on C&B. Those guys are assholes.
He wouldn't get anywhere close to asking if he were to post it on an auction site.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 02:32 PM   #25
maxd23
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mk 7.5 GTI Audi R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0wr View Post
He wouldn't get anywhere close to asking if he were to post it on an auction site.
Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 04:04 PM   #26
Ev0lutionx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
What is ‘not anywhere close to asking’ in your book?

If he can explain or provide proof that the lip was replaced because of a small defect, I think this would go for high 70’s. Possibly in the 80’s.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 05:38 PM   #27
maxd23
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0lutionx View Post

If he can explain or provide proof that the lip was replaced because of a small defect, I think this would go for high 70’s. Possibly in the 80’s.
IMHO there are two good reasons why he has it listed here and not on an auction site. 1) He doesn't want to deal with the damage report because he doesn't have supporting evidence and/or the damage was bigger than he asserts, 2) He wants $85k instead of $_____ (lower amount).
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 02:04 PM   #28
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:

No one has posted a Carfax report. If you have one then please post it so everyone can see an actual documented accident in the Carfax. Otherwise, you’re just speculating there’s been an accident. A large or medium chip in the CF splitter is minor and has no impact on the chassis, suspension and body panels/doors. The owner’s statement could be 100% factual - no accidents and a minor repair to a splitter which he didn’t have to mention. He’s certainly not the first f8x owner with splitter damage. Most people would bolt on a new splitter and never mention it. I haven’t seen any evidence contradicting what the OP stated about the condition of the car. Selling price is a different discussion.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 03:49 PM   #29
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

There hasn’t been any CS sold in the high 80s on any auction site. If this car has an accident on the carfax like someone stated, it isn’t gonna be in the 80s. Cars with lower than 30k miles no accident are going for mid to low 60s all day. Manheim is even lower.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 12:11 AM   #30
Ev0lutionx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
There hasn’t been any CS sold in the high 80s on any auction site. If this car has an accident on the carfax like someone stated, it isn’t gonna be in the 80s. Cars with lower than 30k miles no accident are going for mid to low 60s all day. Manheim is even lower.
But this isn’t a 30k mile car. It has 3,000 miles and CCB’s. Seller just need to clarify the CarFax minor accident. This is a $70k+ car. Let the bidders bid.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 09:26 AM   #31
mehman63
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:

THIS...is a 2018 bmw m3 cs with no accidents..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 12:21 PM   #32
r0wr
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
But this isn’t a 30k mile car. It has 3,000 miles and CCB’s. Seller just need to clarify the CarFax minor accident. This is a $70k+ car. Let the bidders bid.
Very well may be. But it ain't a $86k car if there's a CarFax hit. And that's why I made my originally comment that it isn't close to asking.
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2024, 01:45 PM   #33
maxd23
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes. Let the bidders bid. If seller was serious about selling for market value, he would put it up on BaT.

But it seems clear now that it's been almost four months, that he's going to wait it out. But I don't think anyone is going to pay what he wants for a six (?!) year old M3 when you could buy a brand new Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 04:24 PM   #34
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Here’s a copy of the Carfax which shows ZERO accidents so please stop all discussions about an accident that never occurred. OP’s listing is accurate.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3iihj...0hti6sm6h&dl=0
Appreciate 2
alex23643383.50
      05-26-2024, 07:22 PM   #35
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Yes. Let the bidders bid. If seller was serious about selling for market value, he would put it up on BaT.

But it seems clear now that it's been almost four months, that he's going to wait it out. But I don't think anyone is going to pay what he wants for a six (?!) year old M3 when you could buy a brand new Porsche.
Not everyone wants a Boxster/Cayman and with a Boxster starting price of $83k without options. Most went for GTS and GT4/GT4RS which are >> $100k. A 992 911 starting price is $96k (which no one will order). Their a la carte options add up fast so you’re talking $130k, assuming no ADM is applied, for a decently spec’ed 992 911 base.

$80k vs. $120-130k is a 50+% increase in price. That’s not even close to be comparable. $86k is possible if there’s a person willing to pay a premium for a f80 CS with < 3500 miles. However, I do agree the price is a little on the high side. $78-80k is more realistic pricing. With it being a one owner car, no documented accidents and super low mileage it has a chance to sell for mid $80k.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 07:57 PM   #36
rarefied
Private
Rep
Drives: SMB ///M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
Here’s a copy of the Carfax which shows ZERO accidents so please stop all discussions about an accident that never occurred. OP’s listing is accurate.

I've watched this car for a year when it was listed on cars dot com and eventually moved over to Autotrader the past couple of months. The AutoCheck report attached to both sites showed an "accident/incident to the front of the car" but didn't go further into detail.

The seller is unresponsive as he "likely" has sold his car. His autotrader ad was deleted the other day which typically indicates the car has sold.
      05-26-2024, 08:29 PM   #37
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarefied View Post
I've watched this car for a year when it was listed on cars dot com and eventually moved over to Autotrader the past couple of months. The AutoCheck report attached to both sites showed an "accident/incident to the front of the car" but didn't go further into detail.

The seller is unresponsive as he "likely" has sold his car. His autotrader ad was deleted the other day which typically indicates the car has sold.
Not familiar with AutoChreck. Does it have access to additional databases that Carfax does not? Just trying to understand why both, and potentially other similar companies, aren’t in agreement because I thought they all pulled data from the same places. Do you still have the AutoCheck report?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 08:34 PM   #38
rarefied
Private
Rep
Drives: SMB ///M3 CS

Quote:
Not familiar with AutoChreck. Does it have access to additional databases that Carfax does not? Just trying to understand why both, and potentially other similar companies, aren’t in agreement because I thought they all pulled data from the same places. Do you still have the AutoCheck report?
I do have it, actually. Found it searching my web history...

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=true&make=BMW

Regarding history reports even CarFax has different reports for say Canada and USA (See post 18. Fascinating FS thread, btw). Here is a recent example of this. Canada CarFax showed an accident versus the USA CarFax came up clean...

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1411517
      05-26-2024, 11:11 PM   #39
maxd23
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not everyone wants a Boxster/Cayman and with a Boxster starting price of $83k without options. Most went for GTS and GT4/GT4RS which are >> $100k. A 992 911 starting price is $96k (which no one will order). Their a la carte options add up fast so you’re talking $130k, assuming no ADM is applied, for a decently spec’ed 992 911 base.

$80k vs. $120-130k is a 50+% increase in price. That’s not even close to be comparable. $86k is possible if there’s a person willing to pay a premium for a f80 CS with < 3500 miles. However, I do agree the price is a little on the high side. $78-80k is more realistic pricing. With it being a one owner car, no documented accidents and super low mileage it has a chance to sell for mid $80k.
There's a reason why this car hasn't sold in over a year and a half. The guy has a serious case of endowment effect. He's probably gotten his fair share of offers and none have even come close, I bet.

Seller would've gotten more 18 months ago but instead he's doing the "I know what I got!" stance, to his detriment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarefied View Post

Based on his history, he probably moved it to CarGurus. LOL.
Appreciate 2
mehman63132.00
      05-27-2024, 09:40 AM   #40
Ev0lutionx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Unfortunately you are wrong. Auto check does shows a minor front end collision.

AutoCheck has been around for years. Supposedly they have exclusive data from insurance companies and other partners.

It is always best to run both reports for real piece of mind as CarFax or AuotCheck might not list something that the other does.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2024, 10:01 AM   #41
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately you are wrong. Auto check does shows a minor front end collision.

AutoCheck has been around for years. Supposedly they have exclusive data from insurance companies and other partners.

It is always best to run both reports for real piece of mind as CarFax or AuotCheck might not list something that the other does.
When I made my statement there was no definitive proof showing this car was in an accident. I paid for and posted the Carfax which was clean. Auto Check, which I wasn’t aware of because I always buy new so not sure of other available options, shows a minor incident which could have been repair/replacement of the CS front splitter or even replacement of the front bumper with no structural damage will not have a major effect on its pricing. I replaced the bumper on one of my e92 M3s with an oem Euro bumper with the oem CF splitters molded to the bumper before painting so does that reduce the value of this e92 M3?

If you had posted the Auto Check report then everyone is working off the same information. Claiming the car has damage with no supporting information doesn’t mean it has an accident against it.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2024, 03:18 PM   #42
Ev0lutionx
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
When I made my statement there was no definitive proof showing this car was in an accident. I paid for and posted the Carfax which was clean. Auto Check, which I wasn’t aware of because I always buy new so not sure of other available options, shows a minor incident which could have been repair/replacement of the CS front splitter or even replacement of the front bumper with no structural damage will not have a major effect on its pricing. I replaced the bumper on one of my e92 M3s with an oem Euro bumper with the oem CF splitters molded to the bumper before painting so does that reduce the value of this e92 M3?

If you had posted the Auto Check report then everyone is working off the same information. Claiming the car has damage with no supporting information doesn’t mean it has an accident against it.
Do your homework. Just like a CarFax don’t lie, neither does an AutoCheck.
You think they report accident damage (no matter how minor or major) from thin air? There is a reason why it’s there and the seller isn’t being transparent.

When I was interested in this CS back in September. I reached out to the seller. He wasn’t very responsive and he never responded to my counter.

When I inquired about the AutoCheck accident, he stated:

“I think one time right after I got the car in 2018 I told the dealer that the hood has some light swirl marks that they buffed out, and that’s the only thing I can think of, and why they would report this as “damage” (not an accident) I have no idea.”

Now he is saying it might have been due to the lip being replaced. He is all over the place.

Those that are serious, will put in the time and effort to find information. A simple google search of the VIN will get you results. VINwiki and m3CSbuyersguide are good sources as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2024, 04:02 PM   #43
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Do your homework. Just like a CarFax don’t lie, neither does an AutoCheck.
You think they report accident damage (no matter how minor or major) from thin air? There is a reason why it’s there and the seller isn’t being transparent.

When I was interested in this CS back in September. I reached out to the seller. He wasn’t very responsive and he never responded to my counter.

When I inquired about the AutoCheck accident, he stated:

“I think one time right after I got the car in 2018 I told the dealer that the hood has some light swirl marks that they buffed out, and that’s the only thing I can think of, and why they would report this as “damage” (not an accident) I have no idea.”

Now he is saying it might have been due to the lip being replaced. He is all over the place.

Those that are serious, will put in the time and effort to find information. A simple google search of the VIN will get you results. VINwiki and m3CSbuyersguide are good sources as well.
Do my homework? I’m not looking to buy any used car. The only used car I’ve purchased is when I first got my DL at age 16.

I never said I doubted what the Carfax and Auto Check reports stated. I was stating that when I made my statement there were no Auto Check and Carfax reports posted in this thread yet people keep saying this car had damage from an accident. So my statement was solely based on the Carfax report that I posted to this thread. Based on the available information at the time of my post, only a Carfax report was available - do you agree with this fact? I never once made a comment regarding the Auto Check when it was finally posted. My only question was how can the reports be different if the same databases are being used. I know all of these companies are never 100% accurate. My only comment was if someone had a report stating there was an accident against the car then it should have been posted so the discussions would have been on an equal playing field. How are we to know you’ve talked to the OP and had been following this car for over a year if it hasn’t been posted in the thread until after my post stating the Carfax report showed no damage? I doubt anyone on this forum can read minds. My response wasn’t to anger you which it clearly has (you unchecked the appreciation box on a previous post). Ouch, that hurt. Not something a mature adult would do but that’s your prerogative. I actually did do some homework by purchasing the Carfax report. I was unaware that Auto Check even existed. If you can’t understand that my post was made with the only available information at the time of the post then there’s nothing more to discuss.
Appreciate 1
Hxngs177.50
      05-30-2024, 09:20 AM   #44
JTM09
BMW addict
Rep
Drives: German cars

Quote:
IMHO there are two good reasons why he has it listed here and not on an auction site. 1) He doesn't want to deal with the damage report because he doesn't have supporting evidence and/or the damage was bigger than he asserts, 2) He wants $85k instead of $_____ (lower amount).
reason #3: BaT tried to push him into a ridiculous reserve .. 6 months ago BaT wanted to put a reserve of 55 on my car which is LRG, CCB, mint, was CPO at the time, under 20k miles, MPE, MHAS .. for 55.

I'd give it the walter white treatment before that happens

The fact that OP never replied to questions on the suspected damage says all I need to know ...