Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-05-2022, 01:28 PM   #23
xMegaMan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3(E92),BMW M4(F82)

Awesome ,thank you very much for the insightful information. I'll be reaching out to you guys here shortly in the next few weeks to order.

So in regards to the two different types turbos you guys offer (KRAS55Bi-1) / (KRAS55bi-2) the difference besides one having a titanium compressor wheel?

Not to come across as a prick but you're saying with a proper tune roughly 800hp/670tq is safe on a stock motor, drive shaft and clutches for a daily ?

What tune would you guys recommend or seen the most success ?

Also by chance do you have that users name or social media to use a reference ?

Sales@KRATOS
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:32 PM   #24
Joy15779
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

This IS DEFINITELY my post. I will very soon unveil the secrets. My m4 f83 will be ready tomorrow. STOCK ENGINE, dorch hpfp,m5 injectors, eVenturi Intake, Akrapovic DP skat, opf filters removed, plasma coils Okada, mishimoto IC and mishimoto oil cooler, water cooler also bigger, sparkles colder,Dodson clutch 1000nm, whole crank hub replaced. KRATOS turbo but most important, Halim Cazimi love potion. Toyo r888r
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:40 PM   #25
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMegaMan View Post
Awesome ,thank you very much for the insightful information. I'll be reaching out to you guys here shortly in the next few weeks to order.

So in regards to the two different types turbos you guys offer (KRAS55Bi-1) / (KRAS55bi-2) the difference besides one having a titanium compressor wheel?

Not to come across as a prick but you're saying with a proper tune roughly 800hp/670tq is safe on a stock motor, drive shaft and clutches for a daily ?

What tune would you guys recommend or seen the most success ?

Also by chance do you have that users name or social media to use a reference ?

Sales@KRATOS
It's no problem at all and we're glad the information we provided was able to give you better insight on our turbo systems!

Regarding the different turbo versions we offer for the S55, there are 3 different versions we've released KRAS55Bi, KRAS55Ti, and KRAS55EVO. Here is a link we posted a while back which explains the differences between the Bi and Ti models.
https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1600613

Our KRAS55EVO is our latest version that replaced our previous KRAS55Bi model. This is also a forged billet compressor wheel option, however it utilizes our newly designed larger and higher flowing compressor and turbine wheel combination. This combination provides an increased adiabatic efficiency over the previous Bi model while at the same time operating at a lower shaft speed. The results is even more power capability on tap with increased reliability as a result of the lower operating shaft speeds.

When modifying your car to these types of power levels, the word "safe" isn't a term we would normally use as part of the discussion. Anytime a performance modification is performed to your vehicle there is always a risk involved. So, there are definitely risks involved when increasing your stock power level to over double what it produces from factory on the stock engine. However, the key is to perform the correct modifications and acquire a quality tune that helps increase reliability and minimize risk. We simply provide our customers the recipe and the results for what we know is proven and has worked over the years with great success. It's up to the customer to understand the risks versus the rewards before making a decision to move forward with modifying their vehicles to achieve these types of power goals on stock engines. Also, when it comes to the drivetrain modifications such as axles and clutches, we always recommend upgrading if you have the ability to do so.

As far as who tuned this car to produce these type of results, it was tuned by Halim@HCP. He is very knowledgeable in terms of his tuning experience as well as his experience with tuning with our turbo systems. Halim's personal S55 had our KRAS55Bi's installed which he then upgraded to our KRAS55EVO's and is what he is currently running. However, there are other reputable tuners for the S55 platform that can definitely help you meet your goals. Your best bet is to do your research before making a decision.

This particular car belongs to one of our staff members and is his daily driver. Here is a video clip of the car on the dyno producing 812whp on the stock engine.
Appreciate 2
davyent10.50
      04-05-2022, 02:44 PM   #26
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
The power is all relative to the tune, and can be limited in lower ranges to keep stock internals happy. Are you DCT/6MT and what's your use case?
Im stock right now since I just de-tuned from stage 2(BM3) for smog purposes, but I was FBO with catless downpipes (Installing after Inspection). And yes im DCT ,I use it for spirited driving on occasion since im usually busy and use my daily for work. I do want a bit more power with high reliability so thats why im interested in Kratos as their build quality seems far superior not include all of their factual data plus warranty. Yes I could try to send it to the moon but im not ready for all that since its only use at that point would only drag racing.I want a little of both worlds Track / Casual spirited drive.To say the least im fascinated by quality parts as we spoke earlier big purchase for the EOS products as well Cant beat the billet stuff they make .
I'd suggest you ask Kratos if you would get faster spool up from their Bi/Ti line or from the EVOs. Take the ones with faster spool up. The EVOs start to come on late at 3.5-4K but when they do…hold on.
Sounds good, thanks TopJimmy
Do you think I should be good with stock motor though ?
Like Kratos mentioned…you tuner can limit early TQ to keep a stock motor happy, and more driveable.
      04-05-2022, 10:03 PM   #27
xMegaMan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3(E92),BMW M4(F82)

Now this is the type of quality customer service we need from brands!! Again Sales@KRATOS Wow thats super impressive to be running that much power. This is getting me super excited to start this enduring journey. Thank you so much this definitely helped clarify some things. Im picking up what your putting down but I completely agree with you and TopJimmy that I need to research a bit more to have a better informed decision. None the less at this point your product is without a question going to be part of it. Thank you too
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 11:05 AM   #28
Sales@KRATOS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: The Spirit of Racing

Quote:
Now this is the type of quality customer service we need from brands!! Again Sales@KRATOS Wow thats super impressive to be running that much power. This is getting me super excited to start this enduring journey. Thank you so much this definitely helped clarify some things. Im picking up what your putting down but I completely agree with you and TopJimmy that I need to research a bit more to have a better informed decision. None the less at this point your product is without a question going to be part of it. Thank you too
We're glad we were able to answer your questions and appreciate the positive feedback! Please feel free to email our sales staff to info@asrkratos.com if there are any additional question you may have regarding our turbo systems.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2022, 07:27 PM   #29
Joy15779
Second Lieutenant
Rep

END GAME

Hi mates,

this is to tell the end of a nightmare.

I faced all the unlucky possible events.

Now I ruined my bank account but I suppose to complete the story next 20 days.

I destroied conneting rod piston 2 unlikely.

Now: I had: dorch gas stage 2, eventuri intake, okay coils, akrapovic skat, kratos turbo, mishimoto all cooling, I purchased as last option Carrillo pistons and connecting rods, I am playing now stage 4, also purchased BM3 methanol injection plus overboots.
Dodson sport clutch.

Expecting much above 1000 ,.... Inshallah we'll see.

I ll keep you posted

toyo r888r of course

HALIM CAZIMI FILE
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2022, 09:32 PM   #30
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Back to the 9.99sec 1/4mi dragstrip goal…
Kratos EVOs and Paul's Sauce got me down to 10.06 and then I had a rear kick out which took me into the wall. We had more tuning revisions to go so The Nines are definitely within reach on these turbos.

I've acquired another F82 and will move over the drivetrain to keep going. Kratos FTW!
Attached Images

10-23-2022, 12:15 AM   #31
tavio1227
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Kratos EVOs and Paul's Sauce got me down to 10.06 and then I had a rear kick out which took me into the wall. We had more tuning revisions to go so The Nines are definitely within reach on these turbos.

I've acquired another F82 and will move over the drivetrain to keep going. Kratos FTW!
Hey man have you done any 60-130? 146 is 💪🏼😎 you just need better 60ft
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 09:47 AM   #32
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tavio1227 View Post
Quote:

Sorry, I was always logging my runs with BM3 so I couldn't Dragy at the same time. I was running 168.91MPH through the 1/3mi traps at Pocono on day 2 of MPACT East. That was #3 BMW over both days.
      10-24-2022, 01:29 PM   #33
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tavio1227 View Post
Quote:

Sorry, I was always logging my runs with BM3 so I couldn't Dragy at the same time. I was running 168.91MPH through the 1/3mi traps at Pocono on day 2 of MPACT East. That was #3 BMW over both days.
Huh. Curious, is that a BM3 limitation?

I typically datalog, run Dragy, and V1 Driver, all simultaneously.
      10-24-2022, 05:49 PM   #34
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Huh. Curious, is that a BM3 limitation?

I typically datalog, run Dragy, and V1 Driver, all simultaneously.
No, I just get too nervous to concentrate on both (or all three in your case).
      10-25-2022, 06:00 AM   #35
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:

Sorry to hear of the accident, hope you didn’t get hurt and glad to hear you’re getting into another F82!

What tire did you run? You have a low 9 if you got those 60’ down?
Appreciate 1
TopJimmy5460.00
      10-25-2022, 02:10 PM   #36
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Quote:

Sorry to hear of the accident, hope you didn't get hurt and glad to hear you're getting into another F82!

What tire did you run? You have a low 9 if you got those 60' down?
Hoosier DR2 315/30/18. With so much power it was hard to get faster than a 1.7 sixty foot.
      12-25-2022, 06:21 PM   #37
Joy15779
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy15779 View Post
Hi mates,

this is to tell the end of a nightmare.

I faced all the unlucky possible events.

Now I ruined my bank account but I suppose to complete the story next 20 days.

I destroied conneting rod piston 2 unlikely.

Now: I had: dorch gas stage 2, eventuri intake, okay coils, akrapovic skat, kratos turbo, mishimoto all cooling, I purchased as last option Carrillo pistons and connecting rods, I am playing now stage 4, also purchased BM3 methanol injection plus overboots.
Dodson sport clutch.

Expecting much above 1000 ,.... Inshallah we'll see.

I ll keep you posted

toyo r888r of course

HALIM CAZIMI FILE
Please dear Halim. I m ready.thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 04:14 PM   #38
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistm4 View Post
I can almost guarantee that any Kratos set up has MORE than enough power to run a 9. The issue is most consumers as mentioned are not 1/4 mile enthusiasts.

Translated from PC Company speech, the typical f8x owner (even the big turbo guys) know dick about drag racing and assume the car was not meant for it because ThEY CanT geT TrAcTioN.

The truth is the chassis is capable of going 9s with a true 650whp. It just takes weight reduction, some bracing tweaks, a 17" conversion for a real radial and people that are semi-experienced with making track cars being able to transfer weight in a DCT.
Who really gives a shit about 1/4 mile times in the real world? Unless you’re a pro racer specializing in 1/4 drags on non drag cars, then you shouldn’t give a shit lol

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 08:49 AM   #39
M4GUY2015
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i, BMW M4

well said

i like to get a set
Appreciate 0