Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread

06-01-2015, 08:30 AM   #221
BeamerandBimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: S63tu

Concerning the payment, I would speak with the GM and the Service Manager. They have money in their budget to make the payment for you. I had a '05 545i that needed an engine replacement, and was in the shop for three weeks. The Service Manager made two payments for me out of his "good will" budget. This one move made them plenty of money as I have purchased four more cars from them since.

Remind them(the dealer) that you would like to remain their customer, and that their actions will determine wether that will be the case. But by no means would I skip the payment.
Past BMWs;'22M850 Conv, '19 SG M5(ED 5/19),14 Ionic Silver i3, '16 S1000XR, '16 Azurite Black M5, '07 G650X-Challenge, '10 R1200GSA, '15 Mineral Gray M4, '14 S1000R,'10 Alpine White 135ia M-Sport, '13 Carbon Black X5 50i, '10 Carbon Black M5, '07 Graphite K1200GT, '08 335ia, '05 545i, '04 R1150R, '03.5 M3 Cabrio, '00 540ia, '97 M3 sedan, '97 540ia
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 02:19 PM   #222
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22' M240i

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Ok boys....put your boots on because the shit is getting deep!

I had put in a call to the resolution expert that has been handling my case for BMWNA regarding my due payment. He called me back asking me to make the payment while they work on compensation for the case and goes on to tell me how they had ordered more parts again....and were working to fix the car and ultimately finalize some solution.

I explained how interesting that was to me...... being that I have been told for almost two weeks by the assistant manager of the dealership that they were completing a full buyback and refund of my money. Additionally, I was told they were working on finding a replacement allocation but were unsuccessful in finding one for me. The dealership most recently claimed that the hold up has been waiting on BMWNA area rep to complete the valuation and paperwork to process the buyback.

Garrett, the resolution rep explained that he had been working directly with BMWNA local Area management and hasn't heard anything along these lines so he was equally concerned. I of course expressed my intense displeasure and concern with this. I sure hope that I am not being strung along and fed a line of BS from the dealership to buy time.....

Of course I reiterated my position and the situation. I further explained that I have been extremely patient through the process but my patience has all but worn out....especially if I find out that I have been blatantly lied to by the assistant manager.

Garrett understood....and is reaching out to management and the dealership to get to the bottom of this right away. In the meantime he is looking at crediting my account so I don't have to make another payment until this has been flushed out.

Previous
2019 540, 2018 M3 CS, 2015 M3, 2011 550i, 2013 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 02:47 PM   #223
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

You are close to lemon law levels of this car sucking now right? I'd be pissed about making another payment... you may have to just because the BMW FS people likely have zero direct lines of communication with the dealer/BMWNA. I'd tell BMW that you are happy to make the payment but would expect immediate re-imbursement from BMWNA or your dealer.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #224
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep

BTW I know you aren't full lemon law yet but its probably a good time to reach out to a lemon law attorney and inform BMWNA that you are doing so...
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #225
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
BTW I know you aren't full lemon law yet but its probably a good time to reach out to a lemon law attorney and inform BMWNA that you are doing so...
Actually here in FL I more than meet the terms for a Lemon Law.... I did inform them that I have already had a consultation with an attorney and that this would be an open and shut case...

However I was trying to work with them and it sounded as though we could avoid it based on the information i was being given from the dealer that the buyback was initiated......

He got my point

Previous
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 08:34 PM   #226
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeckinSpaceman View Post
Actually here in FL I more than meet the terms for a Lemon Law.... I did inform them that I have already had a consultation with an attorney and that this would be an open and shut case...

However I was trying to work with them and it sounded as though we could avoid it based on the information i was being given from the dealer that the buyback was initiated......

He got my point
Oh.... well that changes everything. Good luck. I'd call the dealer and say you are done. Either they get you details on the buyback asap or you will lemon law it. Does the dealer have to cover your legal expense if you prevail?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 08:28 AM   #227
mvestor
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E92 M3, E86 M

First off, no one here can relate to this experience or sympathize unless they've been through the lemon/buy back process themselves (and even then, no experiences are the same).

It's entirely possible that the dealer is continuing to try to fix the problem to limit their exposure once they buyback your car. I know for a fact that BMW monitors social media (specifically these forums) and hates for things to spiral out of control. My guess is a number cruncher has gotten their hands in the process and started waving his hands wildly.

You've presented a great case, been friendly and by my reading this thread done everything a good customer should. The dealer will step up (and if they don't will lose your future business and anyone that knows that situation). As cars become more and more computer oriented, gremlins will become more frequent - it isn't BMW's fault or anyones fault, but it is the nature of technological development.

I've been through this process - it isn't fun, but it is worth it to stay the course and remain assertive, yet polite.

Best of luck.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 09:15 AM   #228
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhpfanatic View Post
It's entirely possible that the dealer is continuing to try to fix the problem to limit their exposure once they buyback your car.
What dealer exposure?
If BMW does a lemon buyback, the car will, IMO, end up either out of country somewhere or at an auction with a big lemon sticker on the windshield. The chances it will ever see another BMW lot in the USA is pretty close to zero. And it's because lemon information has to be prominently displayed on the car for the consumer. Which is not the kind of message a dealer (or manufacturer) wants to put out there.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #229
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens21234 View Post
these issues do not occur with stock Lexus ISFs or RCFs, period. And those dealers actually diagnose the problems. Why is it that BMW cannot emulate other brand's more reputable repair methods?
Really? I think you are a tad hyperbolic with that statement.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #230
bimmerboyE92
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
I'm sorry to say, but the dealer nor BMWNA is your friend in this scenario.

Once the options of fix or buy back were given... I would have went buy back 100% and never looked back. I would stop entertaining options and ideas and have them focus on getting you your money back. Don't ask about incentives or deals or sorries. Get your money first. You can always order another car. Wheter its an M or a P-car, or whatever else.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2015, 12:55 PM   #231
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Well in follow up I did hear back from my BMWNA Resolution rep a little bit ago and everything is now cleared up.

They are 100% buying back the car with a full refund due to me. He apologized for any stress and confusion but it appears that all parties are on the same page at this point.

He told me not to worry about my due payment because they are buying back the car in full.

Previous
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #232
moomeacow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Well in follow up I did hear back from my BMWNA Resolution rep a little bit ago and everything is now cleared up.

They are 100% buying back the car with a full refund due to me. He apologized for any stress and confusion but it appears that all parties are on the same page at this point.

He told me not to worry about my due payment because they are buying back the car in full.
so are you gonna get another one or you gonna go for a different brand ?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 01:17 PM   #233
IRNM4N
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Well that is good, but now what about a replacement?

Quote:

06-02-2015, 01:19 PM   #234
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep

Glad to hear... Hoping they get it done quickly for you and offer you a sweet deal on a new one to keep you as a customer
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #235
Porsha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Glad to hear it. Now tell them you want a GTS Allocation.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #236
wazzza
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80x M3C

Garage List
Quote:

Someone mentioned that BMWNA and BMWFS aren't always in sync. Even though they are buying your car and the payment wouldn't matter, just make sure the BMW FS does not report it right away as a missed payment or something, or else that would be another hassle for you to take off your credit report.

Good luck!
      06-02-2015, 02:04 PM   #237
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:

Good.
At least they have that straightened out. Curious to see who winds up in that car and what the heck is wrong with it.

Are you getting a 2016 now?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 02:37 PM   #238
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:

This may have soured your view on BMW but try to get a New 16 at a price where you take delivery and could make money by selling it. MSRP 80K your price 62K. Play the sorry me card and how your dreams have been ruined, maybe some tears, cut of the middle man (the dealer) and just talk to BMWNA. Get a sweet 550 loaner too.

In the buy back do they refund all fees and taxes ect and make you completely whole?
      06-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #239
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by moomeacow View Post
so are you gonna get another one or you gonna go for a different brand ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRNM4N View Post
Well that is good, but now what about a replacement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
Glad to hear... Hoping they get it done quickly for you and offer you a sweet deal on a new one to keep you as a customer

All good points and questions and this is what I am debating..... now that I missed the favorable May numbers I need to wait to see what June offers are???

I did tell them that I believe I should be due a loyalty incentive/credit to help me decide if I want to get another car or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsha View Post
Glad to hear it. Now tell them you want a GTS Allocation.
Ha!

For the same price too right......

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsavized View Post
Someone mentioned that BMWNA and BMWFS aren't always in sync. Even though they are buying your car and the payment wouldn't matter, just make sure the BMW FS does not report it right away as a missed payment or something, or else that would be another hassle for you to take off your credit report.

Good luck!
Absolutely and a fair point....not going to take the ding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Good.
At least they have that straightened out. Curious to see who winds up in that car and what the heck is wrong with it.

Are you getting a 2016 now?
Agreed and not sure on the order yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
This may have soured your view on BMW but try to get a New 16 at a price where you take delivery and could make money by selling it. MSRP 80K your price 62K. Play the sorry me card and how your dreams have been ruined, maybe some tears, cut of the middle man (the dealer) and just talk to BMWNA. Get a sweet 550 loaner too.

In the buy back do they refund all fees and taxes ect and make you completely whole?
They are supposed to refund me in full keeping me whole.

I doubt I will get anywhere near the deal you are suggesting If I get near invoice with some decent credits I'll be lucky.

Previous
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 02:51 PM   #240
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
All good points and questions and this is what I am debating..... now that I missed the favorable May numbers I need to wait to see what June offers are???

I did tell them that I believe I should be due a loyalty incentive/credit to help me decide if I want to get another car or not.

Ha!

For the same price too right......

Absolutely and a fair point....not going to take the ding.

Agreed and not sure on the order yet...

They are supposed to refund me in full keeping me whole.

I doubt I will get anywhere near the deal you are suggesting If I get near invoice with some decent credits I'll be lucky.
So BMWNA is buying the car back in full, does that mean you'll be ordering a 16 version at this point?

I mean, should be certain your dealership is just as annoyed as you are at this point. Are they going to try and give you a great deal on a 16? (Maybe first allocation get it asap?)

P.S. Get a GTS!!!

Last edited by Arcades; 06-02-2015 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 05:02 PM   #241
hbu
Rep
Drives: m3

After all the trouble you go thru, did they compensate anything to you? BMWNA should do something to keep their customer rather than just take the car back.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 07:11 PM   #242
FeckinSpaceman
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbu View Post
After all the trouble you go thru, did they compensate anything to you? BMWNA should do something to keep their customer rather than just take the car back.
Well I asked about getting a loyalty credit. .....and they turned me down. ....

HOWEVER

I received a pleasant surprise today.......Garrett from BMWNA called to let me know they are giving me a 1-Day M School experience.

I was very appreciative of the gesture and thanked him for making it happen.

Crappy part is is booked out for the next 4 months in Spartanburg when I looked.

Previous
Appreciate 3
Closed Thread