European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

05-14-2015, 03:09 PM   #45
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Awesome Bluex

Seeing a new SO M3 at this point is like seeing a unicorn. Have a blast while you're there. Can't wait to hear about the trip.
It's so great, much better than I thought.....looks so sharp in different lighting. My wife just loves how it takes on a different character based upon sunlight, artificial lighting....so many different ways.

Would post more pics, but hotel has a data limitation and i've almost used it up. I'll have to do this later in it's own post. 1GB doesn't last long

Btw, the flight itself was among the smoothest i've been on....landing was excellent. Food service was very good and the flight went by very fast. No turbulence.

One complaint: seats were awful. VERY difficult to get comfortable and rest.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 04:17 PM   #46
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
It's so great, much better than I thought.....looks so sharp in different lighting. My wife just loves how it takes on a different character based upon sunlight, artificial lighting....so many different ways.

Would post more pics, but hotel has a data limitation and i've almost used it up. I'll have to do this later in it's own post. 1GB doesn't last long

Btw, the flight itself was among the smoothest i've been on....landing was excellent. Food service was very good and the flight went by very fast. No turbulence.

One complaint: seats were awful. VERY difficult to get comfortable and rest.
It seems that is the concensus about the car. BMW has a hit on their hands.

Not happy to hear about the seats. That really stinks, but it's a direct flight. Was it the legroom or the actual cushion?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 04:27 PM   #47
Bluex
Useful Idiot
United_States
Rep
Drives: My wife and kids insane.

Garage List
2015 BMW F80 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
It seems that is the concensus about the car. BMW has a hit on their hands.

Not happy to hear about the seats. That really stinks, but it's a direct flight. Was it the legroom or the actual cushion?
Legroom was adequate, but i'm about 5'8". I was able to stretch out. Cushions just felt like I was sitting on cardboard....my ass got numb a few times and I just had to get up and stand.

My wife said it was fine, however. She had no complaints.....and fell asleep like a baby...lol.

My European Delivery Thread
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #48
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluex View Post
Legroom was adequate, but i'm about 5'8". I was able to stretch out. Cushions just felt like I was sitting on cardboard....my ass got numb a few times and I just had to get up and stand.

My wife said it was fine, however. She had no complaints.....and fell asleep like a baby...lol.

Well I hope my family and I take after your wife.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #49
///M-er-gized
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by manticor View Post
So from what i hear the 2016 will come with uprated sound system, keyless entry and sat radio standard... which sounds to me like a $1500-$2000 increase and no sale for me... not because of the 3% or whatever increase, but because my experience trying to buy a 2015 has been atrocious, and now they add crap i dont want and raise the price... This system of allocations is idiotic and does not make good business. I know for a fact im not the only one that feels this way. Im not a fan boy so ill go where they value me as a customer, be it any brand regardless of the "prestige" german brands, and namely bmw in this case carry... ill wait and see and keep driving the f30 around in the meantime.
I guess it's a matter of perspective. I was going to get HK and the executive package anyway. I am thinking the MSRP bump might work out in my favor. I am thinking it might not be a dollar for dollar increase. So I actually might come out ahead slightly. Although, we're probably just talking nickels and dimes here...

They can't go nuts with the MSRP simply because of the competition (e.g., C63). Plus, the currency exchange really favors German brands right now. Their profit margins are simply better right now. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a minimal price bump, with those 3 goodies tossed in.

We shall soon find out.
Appreciate 0