BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

09-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #1
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Hired a online coach

I usually don't post up much about my personal life unless I feel it can really help anyone who is looking for a fitness/meal plan and wants to transform their body and lifestyle. I recently started working with a youtube fitness guy named Nic Palladino. I signed up for a month plan which he does your diet and workout schedules. When you sign up he sends you a pretty intense questionnaire which you basically go over your eating habits, foods you like/dislike, your goals etc.. and with that info he tailors a meal plan and workout plan for you. You continue to check in with him a couple times a week and he tweaks your macros etc.. based off your current state of progress.

I have been trying to do this workout thing by myself for a year now and have minimal success. For me I am trying to gain weight. Always have been slim. Im 2 weeks in and have made some really solid gains(nothing crazy obv). My eating habits have done a complete 180 and so has my workout routines.

anyways anyone looking for some online coaching I would highly recommend this guy. He really knows his stuff and the pricing is very good IMO. You can catch his info (contact info. instragram. youtube etc..) here on his site: http://nicpalladino.com

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 2
Rempt23.00
Soul_Glo13161.00
      09-05-2016, 02:09 AM   #2
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I have been trying to do this workout thing by myself for a year now and have minimal success. For me I am trying to gain weight. Always have been slim. Im 2 weeks in and have made some really solid gains(nothing crazy obv). My eating habits have done a complete 180 and so has my workout routines.
Why did you need a coach to change your eating habits? Are you the type that just needs outside motivation.

If you are not gaining weight, you simply are not eating enough. Hardgainers need to take in a lot (clean) calories.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      09-05-2016, 06:08 AM   #3
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Why did you need a coach to change your eating habits? Are you the type that just needs outside motivation.

If you are not gaining weight, you simply are not eating enough. Hardgainers need to take in a lot (clean) calories.
I have always eating clean for the most part however my macros were all over the place. I tried to mess with certain combos but just never seem to grasp the concept. For me it was tough. I would rather just have someone lay it all out for me and I just follow it. Its easier that way for me. Seems to be working as well. I was A. not eating enough and B. not eating the correct amounts of various things. Currently I am 3800 calories and gaining very very slowly. I would think next time I check in with him tomorrow he will up my calories again.

As far as in the gym goes he tailored a program that worked for the goals I was trying to accomplish.

I enjoy having a coach like Nic to guide me along. Just works a lot more efficiently for me

If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #4
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Any update on how the online coaching is going ?
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      11-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Any update on how the online coaching is going ?
I'm on my 3rd month. I had some stalls with my weight last month but upped my calories and re worked my macros and I'm starting to climb again. total in 2 months I gained about 7 pounds. Some fat some muscle. Im on a lean bulk so I'm trying to steadily gain about 1-1.5 a week. I also can say that my weights have been going up a lot in the gym and my golf game has also started to see some improvement as far as power goes. Im really happy with this guy and what he has done so far, can't complain at all. Highly recommend him. Going to stick with him for atleast 3-4 more months, its not that much money and it guarantees me that I'm atleast structured and on track so my time is well spent working towards my goal

Appreciate 1
      11-09-2016, 05:51 AM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticinePorter View Post
I have been reading this thread with interest. It is refreshing to hear that you say that the coaching is not too expensive. There seems to be conventional wisdom or a rumor or stereotype or whatever you want to call it that coaching whatever your area of expertise is will make you a lot of money, so I had it in my mind that coaching must be so expensive that people would have to sell their silver and gold jewelry just to afford it. It's reassuring that you say it's affordable. I have mostly talked to wannabe coaches, not to actual coaches or their clients.
I hit a all time record for me weight wise this morning. It was pretty exciting to see on the scale!

you should give him a try, I would love to hear some feedback how others are doing with him and seeing if they are getting the same results as I am

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 04:35 AM   #7
capita-
The Chosen One
Wales
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
I'm on my 3rd month. I had some stalls with my weight last month but upped my calories and re worked my macros and I'm starting to climb again. total in 2 months I gained about 7 pounds. Some fat some muscle. Im on a lean bulk so I'm trying to steadily gain about 1-1.5 a week. I also can say that my weights have been going up a lot in the gym and my golf game has also started to see some improvement as far as power goes. Im really happy with this guy and what he has done so far, can't complain at all. Highly recommend him. Going to stick with him for atleast 3-4 more months, its not that much money and it guarantees me that I'm atleast structured and on track so my time is well spent working towards my goal
Let us see your transformation. Lol
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      11-22-2016, 06:01 AM   #8
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by capita- View Post
Let us see your transformation. Lol
totally would but posting pics of myself is not really my thing I guess you will just have to take my word for it. side note as of today hit a all time new weigh in for me 185.6lbs. Still have some weight to go. Plan on bulking till March then ill start to cut. currently at 4670 calories a day. Its like a part time job eating all day and prepping. eating as Im typing this! lol

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #9
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Dang, I have a few extra pounds laying around. You could stop by on the way home (I live by Santa) and I will gladly donate to the cause.

Relative to your trainer, I see the same kind of thing with my diabetes management. Just knowing that I have to tell someone what I did or didn't do leads me to better control. I've been doing drug trials for a few years now, and every time I go off a trial, my blood sugars go wild because I'mnot recording results and don't have to tell anyone else how bad I did.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      11-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #10
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Dang, I have a few extra pounds laying around. You could stop by on the way home (I live by Santa) and I will gladly donate to the cause.

Relative to your trainer, I see the same kind of thing with my diabetes management. Just knowing that I have to tell someone what I did or didn't do leads me to better control. I've been doing drug trials for a few years now, and every time I go off a trial, my blood sugars go wild because I'mnot recording results and don't have to tell anyone else how bad I did.
extra pounds, now the time to start bud, those pounds could be gone in no time! I know for me I have become addicted and its become a complete lifestyle change.

yea knowing I have a plan to follow and someone checking in on me holding me to that plan has really helped me at the beginning jump start phase. Now that the process has become a habit its more of the checking in and making sure my output and time are being guided in the right direction to achieve my goals.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 10:30 AM   #11
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

They have a model of 5lbs of fat at the gym. Every time I leave, I'm sure to "pet" it, so it gets used to being left there at the gym.

Somehow, it keeps finding its way home
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      11-22-2016, 12:36 PM   #12
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
They have a model of 5lbs of fat at the gym. Every time I leave, I'm sure to "pet" it, so it gets used to being left there at the gym.

Somehow, it keeps finding its way home
its crazy what 5lbs of fat actually looks like right!

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #13
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

And the scale says I've got about 4 of those models hanging around me ALL THE TIME.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      11-28-2016, 04:00 AM   #14
LauraPalmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: pityful

is his service expensive compared to a real couch?
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      11-28-2016, 06:17 AM   #15
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPalmer View Post
is his service expensive compared to a real couch?
Not even close. He is running a black friday special now till wednesday I believe on his website that gives you a big discount. I think you can get the 4 week meal plan and workout for at or under 100$

When I first started I hired a trainer at my gym (just gym not meal plan) and I was paying him 80$ an hour. I did 4 sessions a week for a month, you can do the math. I didn't think it was worth it for me. My friends who live in bigger cities pay even more then that. Trainers are expensive from what I have seen this set up works great and its a fraction of the cost. Def worth a one month trial and see how you like it. He has been great.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 06:00 AM   #16
GOLFFRR
Rep

little update. I am finishing up on my cutting phase which is going along pretty good. I was able to get up to 200 pounds on my slow bulk which was insane for me. I had been stuck at 162-168 for my entire adult life. I felt like a monster lol. He had me do a slow bulk so I didn't gain too much fat which was nice. I am currently sitting at 180 and very lean, still have some fat to go but not very much.

I am so grateful I found this guy I wish I would have known what I know earlier as I could have been lot farther in my process. Def recommend this to anyone who wants to get in shape or gain weight. It has been a great experience for me personally.

https://nicpalladino.com if anyone is interested.

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 12:51 PM   #17
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

What if I want to get in shape (although round IS a shape) and LOSE weight??? I'm hovering around 200 or just below, but it takes a major toll on legs to run/play soccer. I'd be much better off around 180, maybe move some of my belly into my arms. . .
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      05-18-2017, 12:54 PM   #18
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
What if I want to get in shape (although round IS a shape) and LOSE weight??? I'm hovering around 200 or just below, but it takes a major toll on legs to run/play soccer. I'd be much better off around 180, maybe move some of my belly into my arms. . .
80% is diet could be even more. He will dial you in. I have lost 20 pounds since my bulk. He dials you in with your diet and you do weekly check ins where he makes changes etc.. You should try it for a month and see what happens. what do you have to lose?

Last edited by GOLFFRR; 05-18-2017 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #19
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

I told you, I have about 20lbs to lose!

If I didn't have to come to work, where most everyone is a slobbing pig, and they all have candy and cookies and potlucks and donuts laying around, where I have to walk around all these offices and see them all day long, I could do that whole proper diet thingy
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      05-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #20
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
I told you, I have about 20lbs to lose!

If I didn't have to come to work, where most everyone is a slobbing pig, and they all have candy and cookies and potlucks and donuts laying around, where I have to walk around all these offices and see them all day long, I could do that whole proper diet thingy
everyone has that battle at the office. Obv you are making excuses to why you can't lose the weight its easy you just have to start. just do it, you will thank me, trust me.

Appreciate 1
SakhirM410783.00
      05-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #21
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
GOLFFRR, I happened upon your thread for reasons you can probably guess, and could not help but read your original post. I am curious what it is that makes you feel you need to gain weight? I ask because I too am very slender but I don't feel compelled to change my physique at all. And to be clear, I'm not questioning your decision to pursue weight gain, I am just genuinely curious, that's all.

I don't want to be the guy to douche this thread up by posting #s, so I won't. Hopefully I don't douche it up worse by trying to avoid that though. (Like you, I typically don't share a lot of personal detail about myself on BimmerPost)

In my case I am reasonably tall (noticeably over 6'), have pretty low body fat (no visible body fat), and currently weigh considerably less than those who would perhaps be seen as the stereotypical athlete of my height would weigh. By stereotypical, I mean like a fitness model you'd see in a Nike clothing ad. In fact, I probably weigh a good 15%-20% less than a college basketball forward or college football wide receiver would weigh in at. I use college rather than pro because obviously the pro guys have ridiculous amounts of money spent on their fitness and physique so they are the exception. Even college athletes have insane resources at their disposal too, but I think there are other factors like time (time to dedicate, time in program, time spent so far on the planet for that matter) that limit things. Just my personal SWAG-ish way of measuring. Another data point - and maybe easier to relate to - when I watch American Ninja Warrior (because how can you not? ), I am typically about 10 lbs. less than the lightest (read: the ones who have a chance at winning ) guys at my height.

For more background, my athletic activity consists of triathlons (Olympic distance or less - not an IRONMAN guy and have no desire to be), all the necessary training for those, yoga (because flexiblity and balance had become major limiters of performance at my age), Orangetheory Fitness, and other things like the occasional visit to the climbing wall or even Crossfit gym.

I have no illusions that I am Superman, but I am not afraid to say that I see myself as being in peak physical shape with a very balanced physique. Sure, I could probably stand to put on more muscle, but then it would probably only slow me down. Furthermore, I don't feel like I am currently limited by lack of muscle mass. Quite the opposite in fact. Plus, I have a very small waist size for my height, so in many ways I think of myself as a 5'8" guy who just happens to have some extra length. In other words, If you take a guy that size who is fit and has what most would see as very healthy muscle mass, and simply add some length to his arms, legs, torso without upsizing other dimensions, that's what I think of myself as.

Just throwing out my thoughts, hoping to offer a different perspective. No matter what your goals, for me its just good to hear that others treat their bodies well and understand the importance of physical fitness.

Take care.
Appreciate 1
GOLFFRR10687.00
      05-19-2017, 12:05 PM   #22
GOLFFRR
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
GOLFFRR, I happened upon your thread for reasons you can probably guess, and could not help but read your original post. I am curious what it is that makes you feel you need to gain weight? I ask because I too am very slender but I don't feel compelled to change my physique at all. And to be clear, I'm not questioning your decision to pursue weight gain, I am just genuinely curious, that's all.

I don't want to be the guy to douche this thread up by posting #s, so I won't. Hopefully I don't douche it up worse by trying to avoid that though. (Like you, I typically don't share a lot of personal detail about myself on BimmerPost)

In my case I am reasonably tall (noticeably over 6'), have pretty low body fat (no visible body fat), and currently weigh considerably less than those who would perhaps be seen as the stereotypical athlete of my height would weigh. By stereotypical, I mean like a fitness model you'd see in a Nike clothing ad. In fact, I probably weigh a good 15%-20% less than a college basketball forward or college football wide receiver would weigh in at. I use college rather than pro because obviously the pro guys have ridiculous amounts of money spent on their fitness and physique so they are the exception. Even college athletes have insane resources at their disposal too, but I think there are other factors like time (time to dedicate, time in program, time spent so far on the planet for that matter) that limit things. Just my personal SWAG-ish way of measuring. Another data point - and maybe easier to relate to - when I watch American Ninja Warrior (because how can you not? ), I am typically about 10 lbs. less than the lightest (read: the ones who have a chance at winning ) guys at my height.

For more background, my athletic activity consists of triathlons (Olympic distance or less - not an IRONMAN guy and have no desire to be), all the necessary training for those, yoga (because flexiblity and balance had become major limiters of performance at my age), Orangetheory Fitness, and other things like the occasional visit to the climbing wall or even Crossfit gym.

I have no illusions that I am Superman, but I am not afraid to say that I see myself as being in peak physical shape with a very balanced physique. Sure, I could probably stand to put on more muscle, but then it would probably only slow me down. Furthermore, I don't feel like I am currently limited by lack of muscle mass. Quite the opposite in fact. Plus, I have a very small waist size for my height, so in many ways I think of myself as a 5'8" guy who just happens to have some extra length. In other words, If you take a guy that size who is fit and has what most would see as very healthy muscle mass, and simply add some length to his arms, legs, torso without upsizing other dimensions, that's what I think of myself as.

Just throwing out my thoughts, hoping to offer a different perspective. No matter what your goals, for me its just good to hear that others treat their bodies well and understand the importance of physical fitness.

Take care.
I have always been tall and skinny since high school. I was also very picky eater. Every where I went people would say the same thing when it came to classifying me. You know the tall skinny kid/guy. It was annoying tbh. 6'2" 160-165 range IMO is way too skinny. I tried everything from eating a ton a food (so I thought) and working out etc.. nothing changed. I guess for me I just wanted to gain weight to be normal.

I hired Nic and with his guidance I was easily hitting goals that I had always wanted to obtain. I will never forget when I started the bulk phase and I saw that scale read 170 it was mind blowing for me, then it hit 180, then 190. Walking around I was getting a lot of attention in a good way that it was very rewarding. Its hard to explain I guess but for me it was nice to not hear people say wow you are so skinny. Once I got to 195 plus Nic thought it was best for me to cut away some of the fat that I had gained. Thats the process of where I am at now. For me I need the guidance of a trainer/ nutritionist to obtain my goals. I know a lot of guys like myself who hate being skinny and want to put a little size on themselves and find it super difficult to do so. I just wanted to share my experience with this trainer just incase any of those men or woman want to change their body either in gaining or losing.

Everyone has different goals. I will say though in closing this has def changed everything for me when it comes to eating thats for sure.

Appreciate 0